Author Topic: Chemical Pistol Crossbow Build AKA Chembow Slime  (Read 674 times)

scalymanfish

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Chemical Pistol Crossbow Build AKA Chembow Slime
« on: March 05, 2024, 05:01:17 am »

Build: https://underrail.info/build/?HgMLBQMOAwcjHsKgAB54wqBTQgBGUFBkMEgAAABGAABMJsKjL2FWwpHCgCJMagJLTisqwrXChycaw4jCncKtbOKyuwXita4K374
Starting Stats:
3 STR, 10 DEX, 5 AGI, 3 CON, 9 PER, 3 WIL, 7 INT
Use your first point to get your DEX to 11 and supplement that with constant abuse of eel sandwiches to drop the AP on your pistols. From there, all points go into PER.
I wasn't sure what to do with spec points, so you can rearrange those how you want.

Purpose: Chemical pistols are cool to me, I like the idea of them. Their DoT and CC potential stick out as a unique way to play the game. Also adds a bit more sci-fi flavor that I'm a sucker for. After much research on crossbows, I came to the conclusion that people are pretty split on them, much like knives. I wanted to make a build that enhanced them, while not taking the shine away from chem pistols. I feverishly, autistically crafted this build when I should've been studying for midterms. I designed this around Normal/Hard difficulty as I haven't played Dominating because I suck.

Idea:
This build is intended to get the most out of a playthrough from a gameplay perspective. You'll use traps, have to craft your weapons and boots and consumables. You will hunt down unique items and use everything at your disposal to succeed. Your high perception will allow you to find secrets and detect enemy traps. High lockpicking and hacking insure no nook or cranny goes unlooted. Stealth weapons and high stealth rating allows us to be as slippery as we want. This isn't going to be the strongest build, but it'll be fun. At least, that's the idea.

Pros:
Synergy with both main weapon platforms
Rewarding exploration
Good crafting skills
Crits
Stealth
Good CC
All ranges covered, short medium and long
Versatility to keep gameplay engaging

Cons:
Low carry weight
Inventory micromanagement
Some prior hand game knowledge
Low health

Early Gear:
Head: Kevlar Balaclava until we can make seeker goggles
Torso: Siphoner overcoat (for depot A) or Rathound Reg
Belt: Catalyzing belt or Quiver
Boots: Best Tabis you can find
Crafted Acid and Fire chem pistols and a cyclon xbow

Mid- Late Gear:
Head: Best Nightvision seeker goggles we can make
Torso: CAU armor (or infused rathound for crit chance and not using XAL)
Belt: Advanced Catalyzing belt and Large Waist Pack for merc checks and carry weight if needed
Boots: Sea Wyrm Tabis ( or whatever you want depending if you want to hit 100% acid resist)
Best Chem pistols you can make or the XAL-001 and best Pneumatic Anatomically Aware Cyclon you can make
High high and Low Low shields
Your favorite grenades and special bolts

How to Play: Sneak around and analyze the battlefield before engaging. If the fight seems hard, prep the battlefield with traps and caltrops. Engage from a distance with your crossbow and once those mooks get in range of your chem pistol, cooked shot away and hope for some entangles. Feel free to chuck your high level grenades if all else fails. Once your foes are entangled in either the traps you placed or the acid you spew, switch to your Cyclon and get those sweet sweet crits. Or don't and fire your XAL 6 times (with eel sandwich) until the battlefield is covered in green/purple slime and melted corpses. We have TM, so feel free to use it as you wish or don't and spend those points and feats somewhere else. Don't forget, acid bolts work well with the 50% acid debuff you give your enemies. Do great things.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 03:24:07 pm by scalymanfish »