Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress  (Read 94435 times)

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2013, 04:01:58 am »
wow one of my dwarves survived an execution :o with only bruised hands. My hammerer must suck pretty bad :/

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2013, 06:44:44 am »
Was it an execution or just beating? Because dwarves usually survive those - and if you only have some weak hammers or hammerer without skill then it's possible. Or the dorf in question could be a vampire - they usually are pretty sturdy and have very high skills. So yeah... check his background.

It seems like I'll be taking over (at last!). I've got xmorg save on disc (just in case :P), so after I'll come back from work I'm going to start playing :P. Also it seems like new rule needs to be enforced - one dorf cannot keep the savegame longer than for a week. Failure to comply will make next player take his turn.

It's okay, I presume? :P. If I won't publish the save file till 04.02.2013 next guy takes my place :).

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2013, 07:33:29 am »
That's cool :) The dwarf was sentenced to two hammerstrikes for failing to follow a construction order (or something like that) The last two dorfs with a sentence like that (they had 5) died. I need to check his background because the last vampire I had killed 3 and was elected as mayor before he was killed by a giant cave spider. Don't want one of those again :/

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2013, 01:43:17 am »
wow my legendary axedwarf just had an epic battle with a goblin spearmaster which lasted for several minutes before he managed to finally cut off the goblin's arm. Until then all his shots had been block and he had a couple of bruises from when the spear hit his adamantine armour.

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2013, 07:14:23 am »
I hate sieges :,( I just lost 5 axe lords, 1 hammer lord and 2 marksdwarves for 24 goblins. Most of my army is dead... :(

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2013, 03:07:13 am »
wallace, is teh dead army on our succession game?   :o

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2013, 06:31:39 am »
No this is the fortress of Cloaknet :) I'm just waiting for my turn.

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
  • I just came here to read homestuck and honestly
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2013, 05:05:37 pm »
well your not getting it. i refer you to 5 posts ago where i said the save file was currupted. it still is.
Words, I don't know.

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2013, 09:12:35 pm »
About 5 posts ago maheusz said he was taking over from xmorg's save and that he was introducing a new rule where the player's turn lasts 1 week. Which means my turn starts over the next day or so.

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
  • I just came here to read homestuck and honestly
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2013, 10:10:37 pm »
oh cool. good for them.
Words, I don't know.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 02, 2013, 11:54:32 pm »
Tell me the truth, guys, is my animal dissector still alive?

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2013, 10:12:52 pm »
We reverted to the old save, so sadly people are not named... and those who were died. There wasn't much that you've lost, Styg :P. I made big post on the history thread and I'm now commencing to upload my save. The fortress is thriving and somebody can go make people again, because I was too busy fending off these damn crundles. And other monsters.

And like I said - now the rule is one week - if you can't fit in the next person goes on. Also I hate you. Who left the caverns open? While there were only 10 dorfs...

edit: my save - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b0dmany0bdtk2lp
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 10:35:50 pm by maheusz »

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2013, 05:31:21 am »
wait... we on 3rd turn now? whos turn is it?
I dont think I left the cavers open... or maybe I did, i was trying to get a lava dump.

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2013, 06:24:44 am »
I would say it's wallace turn now, because it was going like that: wallace, xmorg, jeff, me. So, since Jeff save died tragically I jumped in, so now wallace is going to have !fun!.

Also I'm pretty sure that it was you, who opened the caverns, since Jeff also talked about 'drowning in rotting crumble brains' :P. So yeah...

I would find you and kill you, but since you're already dead (fending off the Giant Lepurs invasion)... I'll let you off the hook :P

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2013, 07:00:40 pm »
Awesome :D my save will be in by 11/2/12