Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress  (Read 89088 times)

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
  • I just came here to read homestuck and honestly
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
Re: Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2012, 03:57:04 am »
in fact i got to one time where i played a 2x2 beach embark. there now lives the sand king of the legion of sandstone sword weilding army, in, i kid you not, a sand castle. i found a dune and just carved it out.
Words, I don't know.

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2012, 04:15:35 am »
Back in business!
ITs late autumn and the merchants have arrived.  I sold all of my stone mugs and purchased 2 mining picks.
I also bought as much wood as the merchant had, because I know my dwarves are getting tired of sleeping on the floor.

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2012, 06:20:31 am »
Well I would say it is unusually bright and funny game thus far... But that what makes it fun :D. And challenging.

Also guys, did you start a game in very savage world and also in the badlands/some similar and hard environment? Because it changes a lot.

Good job, xmorg! When you finish please write and overview and post it here and also compress the save file and publish it on mediafire or other easily available service :).

And I'm creating another thread for only 'DF stuff' where posts about the life of the fortress are published. BTW what is the fort called, xmorg?

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2012, 03:03:45 pm »
It is now spring.
The file can be downloaded from http://www.cooperlabs.net/packages/region3.zip

Notable events. (as legends would tell it)
The settlement is Known as "Ragcopper"
In the early spring of 251, the Metal of Bristling of the Geared Whips founded Ragcopper.

In midsummer 251, the dwarf's Mafol Wanegloves, and Ast Flaxbrass both died of thirst after being trapped in a mining accident, in which they channeled lower than the stairs.

In early autum the dwarf Oddom Granitelock blead to death, slain by the giant gray langur "Rampagedblocked", in Ragcopper.

In midautum 251 the giant grey langur Rapangedblocked (who was stealing bone crossbows) was struck down by Litast Slippedoar with a copper battle axe in Ragcopper.

Kib Netfastens is known for creating (occasionally) masterful stone mudpots.

Not mentioned in legends!
the Dwarf Xmorg, "miner" carved out a marble bedroom for himself, took one of the few beds available,  along with an armor stand and chest.  he then falsified work orders to have the stone in his room smoothed

A giant toad was wounded pretty bad by the militia commander only steps from Xmorg's marble bedroom (Hotkey F3)

Images

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 04:06:16 pm by xmorg »

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2012, 03:45:27 pm »
Nice! It seems like crisis was averted and only three deaths in RagCopper fortress! There are even animals who are stealing stuff? :D. Good, the more the merrier!

It's Jeff turn now - please pick up the file and tell us all about your exploits. Or if you're still away just drop a post.

Also please DON'T make lever of doom and just leave it there for kicks... :)

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2012, 03:25:49 am »
i most certaintly wont do that bro... heh... lava.... heh..hehhe- HUH? your still here? stop reading this! im ploti- i mean pondering! also i wont be able to make any journal entries till tomarrow but dont fear! my freak good luck will probibly save the universe or something. also, just so you know, after studying the pictures, i have made a list of wonderous additions i will make to the place!
now wheres the bullet button....
no...
noo.....

dammit styg! get off the jizz stained couch and get me a bullet button!
(-- is a stand in for bullets i guess)

-- throne room with a lever to seal in everything with raiseing bridges.

-- leavers to shut in all of the civilian dorfs rooms in the advent of SEIGGGGG

--lava amnemities

-- meeting room with 2 levers, i leave the finding out of what they do to you... heh... heh....

--several levels of stockpiles (QUANTUM FIXES WHAT THE FUA WY YU NAW WARK?!)

--probibly a bunch of shit we need but dont have AND BY ARMOKS BEARD, TELL ME YOU DID NOT TELL THE KITCHEN TO COOK MY DELICIOUS SEEDS!

-Jeffikins B--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------D
(no thats no a dick! thats a fat firemans pant button flying off in a crazy [non]arc!
Words, I don't know.

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2012, 06:22:42 am »
Thankfully we're far away from magma levels... so digging down there from fort level could be too much :P. Although... I love traps and I wonder is there any sand of a map (I've gotta steal a look after I've come back from work). Lovin' serrated glass disc and other funny stuff :D.

If I'll get the levers of what-the-hell-is-that - then I'm going to wall them in :>. It's just waiting for a catastrophe to happen... I wonder what happens when the shit hits the fan and we get the first siege... who'll be lucky winner? :D

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2012, 02:44:43 am »
I was able to make it down to the first cavern so we should have cave trees soon.
There are some layers of marble and also copper to be smelted if you can find fuel.
The Channel/stairs was my attempt of making a magma garbage shoot (unfinished)

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2012, 08:04:33 am »
I'm going to carve out a huge tomb for my dwarf on my turn :) and get him to engrave it with his history.  :D

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2012, 08:38:59 pm »
IM A MOTHER FUCKING PRODUCTIVE PERSON!!!! IM A MOTHER FUCKING PRODUCTIVE PERSON!!!! IM A MOTHER FUCKING PRODUCTIVE PERSON!!!! IM A MOTHER FUCKING PRODUCTIVE PERSON!!!! IM A MOTHER FUCKING PRODUCTIVE PERSON!!!!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 03:04:15 am by JeffTheShark »
Words, I don't know.

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2012, 01:31:09 pm »
Great, then please download the save and let the fun begin anew... because it's my turn soon :D

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2012, 02:44:08 am »

the level of crundle here is enormous!

this is the renamed team that i did. atleast untile i got a shitfuckton of imigrants. back to that in a sec

i always make a pile for everything, and dub it the bazzar. sue me.

ADAMANTINE! PRAISE THE MINERS! *SMOOCH* *SMOOCH*

because everything needs a personal touch right?

this is the combination 37 imigrants, plus their names, ANDwhere i noticed JUST how blessed this fort was.

yup! all in one season i told you i was a MOTHER FUCKING PRODUCTIVE PERSON!

• jeffikins!
  • by the way, i found the bullet button!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 03:07:20 am by JeffTheShark »
Words, I don't know.

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2012, 06:01:42 am »
YESSS! I'm a miner  :D Miners always get really tough

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2012, 06:20:50 am »
Hahaha, I'm a bowyer :D. Adamantum already? This one senses a lot of troubles incoming :D.

With the bazaar it seems I'll be doing my OCD thing... and doing the great China Wall above the ground!

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2012, 02:24:42 pm »
Animal dissector, hmm? I can roll with that.