Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress  (Read 88436 times)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 02:42:20 pm »
Looking forward to reading the journal (you'll post it here right?). :) Haven't played Dwarf Fortress in a while, such a great game.

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 03:47:03 pm »
Waiting for my turn! hehe,

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
  • I just came here to read homestuck and honestly
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 08:53:20 pm »
OYE OYE,
come one come all, there is some fun shit 'bout to go down, in a few i will edit with my choice of area, and then will reach down into the deep well of my soul to reast the powerful shit that is a dwarf fortress-pink floyd 'the wall' binge. :D

edit: well. i had this awesome thing lined up. but vista abhors me, and decided it would not let images work.  if someone could help with this, thanks.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:49:00 pm by JeffTheShark »
Words, I don't know.

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 10:11:13 pm »
Can I join this?  :) I've played dwarf fortress heaps but never tried a succession game  :(

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 11:26:12 pm »
@wallace - yeah it's okay - like I wrote before, we're starting, but people can still join :). So we can go like that:

Jeff
xmorg
maheusz
wallace

or, if you're the hasty type I can let you before me ;P. Ah, and remember to read rules in earlier post.

@Jeff - do you have a problem with a image to show on the forum? Or is it something else? You can do it my way - put it on the imageshack.us or some other picture site and then just get a link here ;). It works too. And I'm dreadfully impatient to see what hellish place did you choose :D

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 11:28:29 pm »
Awesome thanks  :D I have about 8 weeks holiday so I don't mind which place I go  8)

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 11:45:00 pm »
Arrgh! I want to play! put me in coach! Im gonna decorate all of your loincloths with mussel shells!

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 07:45:38 pm »
im really TRUELY sorry  guys, but i played all the way to late winter.... and bluescreened. the world is ok, but i couldn't do much to help the save. just so you know, i had this really nice heavy forest, warm, good, no aquifer, river area. so i chose this one

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/37934552.jpg/

umadcauseicanthelpyouwiththatsorrybuticangiveyoumyjellybro

EDIT: i wont be chooseing that one again, the only metel was adamantine and by the time i got it GCS had eaten my GOD DAMNED 15+5 MINER.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 07:48:58 pm by JeffTheShark »
Words, I don't know.

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 09:47:01 pm »
Bad stuff happens, sadly. Well at least I can tell that the game will be... interesting. And blue screen of death sure is irritating ;).

At least if the first one mines towards magma then the rest can do fun stuff with it... like lava moat... or deathtrap :D

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 03:40:12 pm »
Just a quick question.  what if I play without any mods/tiles?  it shouldn't mess up the saves...

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 05:53:55 pm »
Well... we're playing without mods - that is why I suggested fresh download from the DF site and I see Jeff is also using Phoebious tile set. But since there is an option in Lazy Newb Pack to convert the save (or 'update' as it is called) then it's not a problem. Just when it's your turn go copy save folder to DF directory, then go to Lazy Newb Pack starting menu, 'graphic' and 'ASCII default'. 'Install graphic' then 'update savegames' and voila - done. Next person needs just to reverse the process - changin ASCII to whatever tileset he needs ;).

So it's okay to play more hardcore (ASCII) or more leasurely (tiles) :D.

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2012, 09:56:57 pm »
just a question, i like to normaly play with DFHACK, not for the cheaty stuff, but because i like to know what my moods are so as to prevent tantrum spirals, and because dorf legs are short as fuck and need to be much faster.

P.S. can we please not do this 'only ouside' thing, because the happiness of my dorfs depends on my ability to engrave shit for them. oh? we can do inside life now? yay! thanks guys! bye, its time to get my pink floyd on! :P
Words, I don't know.

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 01:05:49 am »
I use the DFG tile set, would this cause problems?  ??? I don't mind using the original if it does.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 01:29:53 am by wallace »

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 02:10:00 am »
The tileset alone shouldn't affect the save file.  Mods will however, like making dark elves playable

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 03:54:56 am »
oh ok that's good  :) I don't use any mods