Author Topic: Difficulties (Hard/DOMINATING and misc)  (Read 1631 times)

Alt

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Difficulties (Hard/DOMINATING and misc)
« on: June 17, 2024, 08:55:42 pm »
In this topic, I present both realistic suggestions that should be relatively easy to implement, and not so much.

*These suggestions, in my opinion, could complement the game nicely. I understand that I may not understand Styg's ideas in some places.

REALISTIC
- Hard should have same boss NPC health modifier like DOMINATING or at least 200%. Bosses will feel more like bosses in a way.
- Set DOMINATING NPC skill modifier setting to 100%. To make builds more viable. Dodge/Evasion for example, already not much useful stats, on DOM they become useless if not upgraded to the absolute max.
- Disable the ability to go to another zone on DOMINATING or set it cost to 60 AP. In many situations, this will force you to change tactics.
- On DOMINATING remove bear traps from the sale of some merchants, and reduce their number to 1-2 per cycle for others merchants. This change alone will make difficulty truly DOMINATING.
To complement this change make bear trap blueprints only spawn in some places after beating Depot A.
Also remove molotov cocktail from sales before beating Depot A and make incendiary grenade craft request more gasoline/magnesium/napalm.
- On Hard/DOM make ammo much more scarce/expensive. This will encourage you to craft the bullets yourself or consider their availability into account if you don't have crafting skills.

NOT SO MUCH
- Hard/DOM bosses should have their unique oddities, 1-2XP worth. This will make them more, special.
- On DOMINATING in some groups of humanoid enemies, sometimes there must be one with armor-piercing bullets. This will add extra priority in some fights.

MISC
- Rename Easy difficulty to "Hopper" or "Pipeworker".
- Rename Normal difficulty to "As intended", because it is as intended.
- Rename Hard difficulty to "Hardcore".
This will make them sound more "special".

Also talk about your thoughts about difficulties. It will be interesting to read/discuss.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Difficulties (Hard/DOMINATING and misc)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2024, 09:27:40 am »
Weren't we supposed to get Custom difficulty at some point? That would fix a lot of these issues since everyone wants difficulties to work differently especially at the upper end.

Alt

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2024, 06:07:53 pm »
Weren't we supposed to get Custom difficulty at some point? That would fix a lot of these issues since everyone wants difficulties to work differently especially at the upper end.
Haven't heard about it, but sounds nice. Would be even more cool to get additional options for custom difficulty after beating DOMINATING as a reward. Like 100% chance for Two-headed Mutant or choose between Coral and Booth.

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2024, 06:34:48 pm »
Any changes to difficulty settings are extremely unlikely at this point but there was a plan for Infusion to have more customizable difficulties.
Valor's favorite poster

Alt

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2024, 09:48:23 am »
Any changes to difficulty settings are extremely unlikely at this point but there was a plan for Infusion to have more customizable difficulties.
Understandable. But small, again easy to implement, tweaks here and there would still be nice.

*I would even pay for something like custom difficulty DLC.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2024, 09:53:21 am by Alt »