Author Topic: Suggested Builds for a Bad Player  (Read 2500 times)

Doordox

• Noob
    • View Profile
Suggested Builds for a Bad Player
« on: January 30, 2015, 11:33:03 pm »
Hello! Im a new poster, but I've had Underrail for quite some time. Unfortunatley, I havent ever gotten very far, because I continue to get destroyed in the second or third story mission. (The one where you go into the colony? The turrets wreck me every single time). I suspect this is probably because I dont understand the mechanics to the best extent. I'm appealing to the community for help in creating a crafter-pistols build, because I truly enjoy the crafting system, and pistols are really fun? I Guess? Any Ideas?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Suggested Builds for a Bad Player
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 08:20:54 am »
Heya,

Here's an easy build:
- high dexterity and perception - both increase your pistol damage in the end as well as increase your throwing perception
- take stealth - it'll keep you safe in hostile areas
- take dodge and evasion - for extra defense since you'll have to wear light to medium armors in order to use stealth
- take guns and throwing - you use guns as your single target damage skill and throwing as AoE damage
- take mechanics and electronics - this will allow you to craft good pistols, both regular and energy

This should get you started on your path.

Doordox

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 03:55:45 am »
What about armor crafting? That was allways a mechanic I enjoyed, is there any way to incoporate that into the build? Int, Dex, Perception, perhaps?

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 03:25:15 pm »
Intelligence modifies the crafting abilities, so if you're being serious about having a crafting centered build an intelligence of five is about the bare minimum imo. Combat in this game is high priority so more attention should be placed on perception and dexterity. Just take a look the feats that would pertain a gun and pistol build to have a good idea of which feats you'll want to take in advance.

Tailoring is the crafting skill you'll need in order to make conventional armor in addition to mechanics.