Author Topic: Heavy Melee Build unplayabel with Heavy Armor?  (Read 13472 times)

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy Melee Build unplayabel with Heavy Armor?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 08:08:34 am »
Or any other melee build for that matter.
The reason I suggest a skill is that when I tried building a heavy melee last time (grew bored at level 2^^) I could more or less max out every crafting skill because I had so many skillpoints, whereas on a stealth build, skillpoints are at a premium.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

VaeliusNoctu

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 12:42:04 pm »
Yes thats true:

-Melee max
-Throw (effective 70) for some AOE
-Hacking (efffective 100)
-Lockpicking (effective 80)
-Mechanics max
-Electronics max
-Tailoring (effective 100)

and i Personaly use in all Builds Persuade to max

after i stop invest Points in Hacking, Lockpicking, Tailoring and Throwing i put them in 1 PSI Skill and Biology effective 70 and the rest in stealth. I know you dont need Stealth (Metal Armor Builds), but with 60 Points in stealth and good equip you can reach with that 160-220 Stealth with(Armor 50, boots 30, Baclava 30 and Cloacking Device 50). I do so the Stealth jobs with my Assault Build lol.

For the most other Builds you need Evade/Dodge or one of both and for Stealth Builds more Points in Stealth (100). But i must say i skip most dodge and kill the Melee NPCs with Sniper rifles or use Fear, Mental Breakdown etc...

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 01:42:15 pm by VaeliusNoctu »

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 02:16:14 pm »
Well, I generally have a feeling that there's too many skill points in later levels.
I already suggested reducing it.
But then again the game is generally rather easy nowadays, maybe I'll revise my opinion in patches to come.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

VaeliusNoctu

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 03:10:59 pm »
I like it that you have so much Skillpoints i found it cool that all Builds are able to craft all Stuff if the wish and sacrifice a bit other Skills.

VaeliusNoctu

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2015, 12:22:48 pm »
I only said that it looks to me as if the combination Metal Armor + Sledgehammer bad. Then I asked for feedback in the hope someone has an idea / advice.

I just think it's unnecessary to write then lol. I'm just not as a luminary like you in the game. ^^

If I have offended you somehow with my opinion on this particular build ... sorry.