Author Topic: Deep Caverns Mutagens (spoilers)  (Read 1530 times)

Taggart

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Deep Caverns Mutagens (spoilers)
« on: April 27, 2016, 02:03:18 pm »
(Note: Most spoilers in black-font - highlight the text to reveal - hopefully I didn't overdo it <g>)

Alright, I'm having a devil of a time with the mutagen "puzzle".

There are two mutagens I've not found - ( Echo-4 & Solis-1 ).

So, I can't help but wonder if those two mutagens have sequences that would be useful.

According to the wiki, those are each located as follows:
This mutagen reagent can be found inside one of the buildings in Hollow Earth. A wall must be destroyed to get inside.

Well, I've triple-checked basically the entire Deep Caverns, and as far as I know, I have destroyed every wall necessary to access every blocked off area (although not literally every single wall - which is not strictly necessary to get to everyplace - because multiple walls may gain access to a common area), and I still haven't found those two reagents.

I've even scanned for unmarked but destroyable walls; and well, I missed them if they exist

My hacking and lockpicking are sufficient that I've opened the 130 & 135 containers; and they're not in them.

I have neutral access to both Cytosine Outpost & Talos Outpost; and in them I've checked those red-hand-marked containers that I can without getting caught - so, some but not all of them. There are rooms in each place that I haven't gotten into because I can't without being seen (which brings hostilities).

My questions are:

• Is the wiki correct? Or, like the mutagen compound sequence itself, are their locations randomized for each game?
  • If it is correct, does anyone know specifically where they are?
  • If it isn't correct, is it possible they're in those locations or containers I haven't accessed for reasons noted above?

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Caverns Mutagens (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 02:14:51 pm »
Hmm... Well I do not know the location for each... mutagens are set.

what I can confirm is that all of them - i checked wiki - is definitely in DC.

and when I said "in DC" I mean - labyrinth, power station, caves, all and every shelf in the city area, labs and residential area.

I however cannot confirm that puzzle works, since I only went down there when puzzle apparently didn't work properly.
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

Taggart

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Caverns Mutagens (spoilers)
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 02:49:17 pm »
2. If you head north from Caerus Residential, it's the third building to your right. Right after the big intersection with the broken-down tunneler. The canisters are on a desk inside.

That's it!   I got 'em :)

But.. not quite exactly by finding them there.

Turns out, I haven't crossed north from Caerus to that zone in quite awhile (usually I head east or west from Caerus, then north), and I had a loot stash on the ground in Caerus right at that north transition that I had forgotten about (and overlooked in my triple-checks) - and they were in that stash! 

Thanks!