Author Topic: Normal is too hard, easy is too easy  (Read 9694 times)

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Normal is too hard, easy is too easy
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 04:37:42 am »
I only brought it up because you said it couldn't be done, and it certainly could ;)  YOu started it :P

As I said, though, I already have specific ideas on the matter here: http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=1618.0

criosray

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2015, 04:24:53 pm »
Yeah, that's the same. Just that I feel that there should be difficulty level in between current normal and easy.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2015, 07:30:30 am »
Back on topic.
Here's an example of what ppl think about difficulty levels: https://m.reddit.com/r/underrail/comments/3yjido/difficulty_feels_way_too_high/
[...]

He went to Core City at lvl 9. No wonder he has problems.

MisterBurkes

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2016, 08:39:05 pm »
I like the difficulty of normal, it forced me to find new tactics to deal with enemies. I rolled a full-psi user with all 3 disciplines, and I found certain areas very challenging, which led me to adapt my build to fit in sniper rifles and some throwing skill for various grenades and caltrops. I even had to spend an attribute point on strength in order to use sniper rifles, and had to catch up on Gun skill. I've never had to abuse zone-transitions, and I think zone-transitions are actually detrimental for psi-users, since with the -10 initiative penalty, it's very easy to just get one-shot on zone transitions.

Trying to 'force' a build and not flexibly changing your build is your mistake, imo.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:41:43 pm by MisterBurkes »