Author Topic: Train Heist save edit  (Read 1067 times)

Liquor_Snake

• Noob
    • View Profile
Train Heist save edit
« on: November 29, 2021, 06:20:50 pm »
Hey folks

Background:
I'm mid my 2nd run in game and just found that 20 hours of gameplay I've messed up my way into joining free drones. Back then I figured that persuading the drones into leaving the Train for Rail Crossing to claim would content both sides and allow me to join both factions.
Well, I was wrong and found out just now, and because in my previous run I've already finished Protectorate line, I'd really like to check out Free Drones this time.
I've already edited my save files and I managed to change state of quest so Rail Crossing mayor haven't given me yet, and I've set all tied flags to 0 to reset the questline.
But it turns out that because I've persuaded the drones to leave, they're gone and the train is also missing. Because the game create flags only when needed I cannot change my decisions to artificialy initiate Drones questline.

So my question is, anyone knows if it's able to reset the state of the tile with the train, and if not, could anyone help me creating a new flag regarding the dialogue when I tell the drones that I'll lie that I couldn't find the train so I could set it to true and thus allow me to start the questline?

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Train Heist save edit
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 10:44:07 am »
Why not play again? Try a new build, or some tweaks? This is a first I am hearing of editing saves to change game progress. You should keep in mind, that the whole cell where train is, is now saved in your savegame as explored, etc. And you don't know what you could mess up down the line by editing it out. Just start a new play 😄