Author Topic: How to reset Abram's quest state if you've messed it up  (Read 26273 times)

max silver

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: How to reset Abram's quest state if you've messed it up
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 07:52:45 pm »
I can also confirm that this procedure works under the latest game version. It took me awhile to fully sink my head around the necessary hex edits, but I finally got it right and worked my way through the Abram quests. It's too bad that so many quest are locked up if you unwittingly give an incorrect answer, many thanks to the OP for the workaround.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2016, 04:13:47 pm »
@MichaelBurge
Your packer will crash if proper arguments are not passed.

If in future you want to make new version of tool, I would suggest adding validation for arguments as well as help output with list or arguments, if no argument is passed. This is de facto standard for command line tools.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 05:15:55 pm by player1 »

Jessen

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2016, 05:31:32 am »
Its interesting to see that this isn't the only thing you can do with the save editing, I've gone so far as to change items into other items, and all that  in between. It would be nice if we had a tool that could do this all automatically for us.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2016, 07:33:55 am »
Has anyone had luck with modding faction hostility?

I'm trying to resolve this issue:
http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2164.0

Jessen

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2016, 12:25:17 am »
@epeli
Have you had any progress in your tool? I've been hoping that we might end up making a save editor for UnderRail that can save us time when we're toying with the save. I've edited a whole bunch of items into my inventory and looked at the other parts of the save, but I'm trying to find more ways to make it even easier and quicker.

Jessen

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 02:54:34 am »
The dialog stuff certainly, though I wonder who I could talk to about making a tool for the inventory, feats and Psi powers aspects of the saves

andz

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2019, 12:15:07 am »
So what flags do I need to change?

I have:

npc_abram_saidHeWantsEmbassyInfo 01
npc_abram_agreedToAnswerEmbassyQuestions 01
npc_abram_toldHimYouHaveEmbassyAccess 01 (was 00, changed to 01)
npc_abram_toldHimEmbassyHasDogs 00
npc_abram_interviewCompleted 01
npc_abram_interviewScore 02

But Abram still doesn't want to talk to me.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 12:16:42 am by andz »

cmdrfunk

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2019, 10:42:58 pm »
So what flags do I need to change?

I have:

npc_abram_saidHeWantsEmbassyInfo 01
npc_abram_agreedToAnswerEmbassyQuestions 01
npc_abram_toldHimYouHaveEmbassyAccess 01 (was 00, changed to 01)
npc_abram_toldHimEmbassyHasDogs 00
npc_abram_interviewCompleted 01
npc_abram_interviewScore 02

But Abram still doesn't want to talk to me.

Yep I modified the same stuff and he won't talk to me in 2019

Albino

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2019, 09:33:59 pm »
EDIT
This topic seems to be still getting plenty of traffic, so...
The CLI unpacker linked in the post above doesn't work correctly for recent files because it uses a hardcoded number from 2015 as Underrail data model version. Fixing files packed with this program is just a matter of changing the version bytes in file header back to what they were in your original file, but there's also an easier way:

For (un)packing Underrail files from any current and future versions, try https://underrail.info.tm/unpacker/ (Remember to choose correct version from dropdown menu before repacking! Versions from files you unpack are temporarily added to the list.)

ORIGINAL POST
This files consists of a 16-byte GUID that identifies the file as being Underrail-related, an 8-byte version marker, and then the gzip'ed output of serializing some internal game data structures.

That's good to know! Many other Underrail files appear to have the same structure. I had tried to unpack other gzipped files earlier, but I couldn't identify the headers (yeah, this stuff is way over my head) :)

I tried using this but I'm currently on version 1.1.0.12 with the expansion, is it still doable? All I get after opening it in notepad or a hex editor is just a bunch of gibberish.

Slimu

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2019, 07:55:39 am »
I also tried with the latest version of the game and it doesn't work.

In my case, I declined planting the bug in the embassy. I found the flag for it, but editing it didn't work. What I found strange was that there were also two other flags about the rescue mission appearing before the flag I mentioned. I also updated them and it didn't work. Since I was experimenting, I tried two other things, setting the flags to a different name (changing Abram to Bbram) and setting the flags to the same name as ones previously set. Neither of them worked and the save couldn't be loaded.

I also tried removing them and leaving only the flags relating to the first task, but it didn't work. I saw that after a flag's name & value, the 4th byte was holding some counter, with values like m, n, o, etc. (in my file). I guess that removing the lines should be done with updating the counter for the following values. Because the counter values were pretty small, I guess it starts from 0 based on some trigger.

A solution may be to check a save file for a character which accepted the task and compare the flag values. But I'm afraid there may be another field set beyond this named ones which holds the actual state if Abram should talk to you again.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 07:57:23 am by Slimu »

Calcium

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2020, 12:58:01 am »
Just got this working today, can confirm it still works in the current version. You need to find the image at the beginning of this thread where he shows you exactly which strings to alter the values of. Cheers!

WendigoBob

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2021, 09:24:34 pm »
Does anybody know how to unpack for the latest versions of the game? I keep getting a "Failed to load saved game" error. I'm assuming the problem is tied with the packing/unpacking, as even an unmodified global.dat that has just been unpacked/packed causes the error. The original main.exe is of course nonfunctional, but even the website (https://underrail.info/unpacker/) seems to be limited to 1.0 patches.

Vizendel

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2021, 09:16:04 am »
Is there any way to edit these files to respawn Everard if I happened to murderhobo him like 40 hours before I even touched the Oculus quests?

redgoesfastfastfastfast

• Scavenger
  • Strike em quick, lightning fast.
    • View Profile
    • https://bitbucket.org/N1MH/starsector-mods/downloads/
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2021, 08:19:23 am »
I'm 99% sure there is no way to respawn a dead NPC
Im working on maknig a guide for new players on DOMINATING. Help needed. Do not PM me.

Liquor_Snake

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2021, 12:23:16 am »
Has anyone figured out a way to add a new flags to global.dat ? Or maybe is it possible to completely restart the state of given location?