Author Topic: You should raise Underrail's price  (Read 1574 times)

MichaelBurge

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
You should raise Underrail's price
« on: December 29, 2015, 07:33:01 pm »
This is such a great game - I've bought a couple copies for myself and friends, and I really hope you're successful with it. I think it's underpriced right now at $14 or $15: I've paid more for games that have not been given the attention to detail and love that this clearly has. I feel people who enjoy hardcore RPGs like this - that often require you to reload many times or plan out every little fight in detail - are going to be more price-insensitive than the usual gamer since they're looking for a good game above all else.

If you raised it to at least $20 and probably even $25, I don't think you'd drive too many people off and with the extra money you could make your next game even bigger. Then you could drop it to its current price during Steam sales or similar.

In any case, thanks for the great game!

bati

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: You should raise Underrail's price
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 08:53:44 pm »
I know it's weird asking for a higher price as a consumer but in this case I have to agree. The game is far far too good and offers so much content for the price it's selling at.

Coaxl

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 09:06:03 pm »
I, on the other hand, think that raising the price would kill off its position on the indie niche market, making it lose out against more conventional, mainstream titles. Plus I am partial to making the game as widely accessible as possible. I don't really think this idea is that good, although Styg probably has a better understanding of what would be financially sound anyways.

TΛPETRVE

• Scavenger
  • Obey the Schnibble!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 09:27:33 pm »
The 15 quid price tag is perfectly fine. I would've expected something around 20, too, but now that the game is out and the price is official, it should stay that way. It gives the game a distinct place even among other indie CRPGs, be it Age of Decadence, Serpents in the Staglands, or even Jeff Vogel's stuff.
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.