Author Topic: When/How do you get your house in core city?  (Read 3800 times)

Grand

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
When/How do you get your house in core city?
« on: January 11, 2016, 01:53:28 pm »
What quest do I have to complete to get the house?  I have some high quality mats I'm trying to use to craft some endgame stuff and I want to take advantage of every craft bonus. 

Also, what's the highest quality ancient rathound leather you guys have found?  I have 101, but if there is 150 I'm going to hold off on the infused ARHL Tabi Boots.  I have some 151 super steel fabric.

Thanks

Izual

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Metathermics Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: When/How do you get your house in core city?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 02:13:05 pm »
You need to do several jobs for one of the three factions (JKK, Praetorians, Coretech). Only then will they tell you to head in the residential district and give you your keys.

Arclight

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 01:08:16 am »
For the next rub, which faction is the better one to join? I'm hoping for Coretech...

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 01:48:03 am »
It all depends really. I usually go for Coretech because they're right next to the elevator. They also have a nice assortment electronic gadgets and a consistent want of high priced loot in their store. In terms of questing, I'd say they're about even. Never did JKK and Pr in 1.0 so I have no idea if they've changed much.

Grand

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 02:30:48 pm »
I'm not 100% here, but it sounds like there is a little more benefit for PSI users if you side with Praetorian Security.  There's a mysterious pillar in the sewers during one of the quests.  I have no idea if you can get there regardless of faction, though.  I'll be investigating this evening!

TΛPETRVE

• Scavenger
  • Obey the Schnibble!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 02:53:35 pm »
Spoilers in terrible font incoming:

The mysterious pillars are only of use if you didn't already do the Silent Isle side quest for the Black Eels in Junkyard. The Praetorian store on the other hand is completely useless for any PSI character who isn't using guns and/or heavy armour. Coretech offers not only electronic supplies, but also tactical gear. The downside to Coretech is that their questline is by far the hardest, due to the ridiculously unbalanced Warehouse mission, which you'll very likely spend a lot of retries on.
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.