Author Topic: Spoilery questions regarding "breaking the game" (really, lots of spoilers)...  (Read 5481 times)

Coaxl

• Zoner
    • View Profile
I'm currently trying to play through the game a few more times to explore quests I haven't done before as well as various build types, but there are a few things that, while I'd love to try out in principle, I'm fairly sure I'll never want to do given just how much work it'd entail (essentially I'd have to devote a whole playthrough just to a few more lines of conversation). I'm curious, however, if anyone else has tried them out perhaps, and can share the experience. Basically, here is what I'm trying to get answers to... I kind of know what happens if you win "normally" (Tchort dies, you give the cube to the Faceless commander, you go back up and Six has a conversation with you about his future plans, then you can end the game whenever), but what I want to know is, how will things differ if:

- I kill Six when I meet him first? (In particular, will Tanner still disappear?)
- I kill Hadrian Tanner before going down into DC? (Will Six make note of this?)
- I kill both Six and the South Gate Station? (As far as I know, Six offers the possibility to go to North Underrail, and the SGS offers you the possibility to become their councillor. Is it possible to formally win the game if you complete Deep Caverns after having killed both Six and the SGS?)

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
You can't kill Six. Believe me. I have tried.(1.0.1.10) I will try more next time.
I AM going get you, you alien scum.

On the other hand, Tanner can be killed(It even makes sense lore-wise!). It just takes effort. This however, will turn SGS against you.
I should try Tanner's death ending sometime.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 05:00:45 am by reinhark »
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

Coaxl

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Well, that's... fair enough, I guess, since it's a lot easier making it that way than making sure everything makes sense after their deaths. I always hated invulnerable NPCs in games like Gothic 1-2, but I guess it's not too bad here...

About Tanner, is he supposed to be killable as well? Or are ways of killing him an unintended "exploit" like Expose Weakness on the Beast used to be?

One more question I have that I'm pretty sure nobody has an answer to, but who knows - what if you turn Six hostile while you haven't entered the Deep Caverns yet, then flee and go down to DC the normal way? Will he still be hostile, or if not, will he make mention of your little altercation?

Ramen_os

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Ramenos
You can't kill Six. Believe me. I have tried.(1.0.1.10) I will try more next time.
I AM going get you, you alien scum.

On the other hand, Tanner can be killed(It even makes sense lore-wise!). It just takes effort. This however, will turn SGS against you.
I should try Tanner's death ending sometime.

That's what I dislike. If you kill someone from a specific faction, everyone else from the same faction will hate you, even if nobody saw you killing him/her.

Coaxl

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Heh, I actually tried out the "piss off Six before DC" option. Man, that Six, what a pleasant fella. I also took the opportunity to kill the Faceless commander when he demanded his toy back and then try to sneak back up with the Cube. Of course, Six solved that in his own way (for anyone who's curious: he knew that I had the cube and simply stunned me and took it when I did anything other than give it to him).

One last question, slightly different this time: is there some sort of comprehensive timeline of events that took place during the history of Underrail, perhaps on the wiki? I'd be interesting in consulting such a list. Failing that, maybe I'd help out in creating one, provided that I feel like doing another playthrough.

Coaxl

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Did you already have a wiki account or should I create one for you?

Anyways, I started discreetly working on a timeline shortly after Oculus was added, but it's not really linked anywhere on the wiki yet. So far it's just a sketchy timeline of Underrail itself, not anything beyond that. There is at least one minor error on this list, but I won't correct it before the next base game patch is out. http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Timeline

Man, hopefully Expedition will tell us more about Underrail's history. :)

I don't have a Wiki account - now that you mention it, I might as well ask for one, eh?

That timeline is a nice start though, thanks for sharing it. I'm definitely hoping for that as well, because there are so many open-ended questions and so many uncertainties - having some of them answered sure wouldn't hurt.