Author Topic: Unable to active night goggle in combar if not already in action bar  (Read 2239 times)

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
There is following problem.
If night goggles are not already in the action bar, it is not possible to activate them in combat.

Only way to activate night goggles is from action bar, and dragging things to action bar does not work if already in combat.

This can be an issue for players that use multiple different goggles, and forget to bind all of them to the quickbar.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 07:48:27 am by player1 »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to active night goggle in combar if not already in quickbar
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 11:46:43 am »
They are activated from the action bar, not the quick bar (the red buttons) and you can drag them to the action bar at no cost. You'll have to have them equipped though, of course.

phobos2077

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 09:51:54 am »
They are activated from the action bar, not the quick bar (the red buttons) and you can drag them to the action bar at no cost. You'll have to have them equipped though, of course.
I don't get it. The action bar is in the lower left corner of the screen, correct? I can't drag my currently equipped goggles there during combat (icon dragging is not initiated at all). This doesn't seem logical to me, since my character actually has these goggles equipped, but he can't use them if I forgot to add them to the action bar before combat.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 01:06:23 pm »

But I can not drag anything to the action bar, when in combat, not even already equipped goggles.

That is the issue I was reporting.

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 02:03:03 am »
Unable to active night goggle in combar if not already in quickbar
But I can not drag anything to the action bar, when in combat,
Maybe edit the thread's Topic to include the word "combat" to make that clear.

At the moment, the Topic says you already have the goggles in the "combar" but not in the "quickbar". This could be getting in the way of people understanding what you had meant to write.

I know you said "combat" in the body of the first post, but Styg's reference to the quickbar vs the action bar suggests to me your "combar" typo is misleading readers.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to active night goggle in combar if not already in action bar
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 07:48:46 am »
done...

phobos2077

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 08:19:46 am »
I think you can place goggles from head slot to an action bar during combat, but only before your first move, I think (if you just hit Enter and try to drag stuff). But it won't work afterwards. That should be fixed, IMO.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 09:29:00 am »
Just to clarify things, you can be out of combat and in turn-based mode (if it's not showing the red crosshairs on your portrat, you're not in combat).

There's indeed problem with dragging the goggles to the actionbar once the combat starts because drag and drop is completely disabled for armor slots then. I'll look into fixing this at a later point, when I have a bit more breathing space, because it will probably require a bit of code reshuffling and decent amount of testing so as to not break anything else regarding these restrictions.

phobos2077

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 11:42:00 am »
That's very good to know! Usability issues might be irrelevant for old timers who played this game from early access stage, but for new players (like myself) such little things can be really annoying.

"Old-school" gameplay not necessarily means "painful". I think some people can't see the difference between the two :)