Author Topic: Party-mates get mad at me because I accidentially hurt them a little?  (Read 1869 times)

Ravior

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Thats a serious Bug!

It shouldnt happen that co-operating mates turn rogue (all of them) if I hurt them a little with the outer ring of my grenades explosion.

Even If I throw molotov cocktails and they run into the fire after it burns there they get mad at me!

Whats up with that?

Isnt it easy to do a more realistic behavior for stuff like this?

I repeadedly offered my help in any ways reasonable for this when writing with the developer via E-Mail, because I have lots of practical C#, XNA and even Software Architecture knowledge.

Seems as if he takes this "I did this myself" really seriously ^^

But yeah, adding man-power to a late project, makes it even later I guess...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 12:07:46 am by Ravior »

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Party-mates get mad at me because I accidentially hurt them a little?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 02:00:11 am »
The biggest issue with this is that these cooperative battles are usually long, and this kind of action pretty much ruins whole battle and requires restart, adding to player frustrations.

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 02:44:20 am »
ruins whole battle and requires restart, adding to player frustrations.
A workaround might be to run UnderRail within a virtual machine (Sun's VirtualBox is free and UnderRail can play on Linux which is also free). As the battle progresses, tell VirtualBox to take a live snapshot of the machine state. If allegiances go awry, tell VirtualBox to dump the current state and resume the latest live snapshot. Once you are satisfied with the encounter, save the game from within UnderRail and delete all the live snapshots.

Some might say it's a little heavy-handed...
... but if it's effective at allowing the customer to enjoy the (rest of the) content they paid for, then it's an option. It depends on what priorities you define. You will not be assessed on your performance at the end of the year.

klei

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 09:29:19 am »
The most annoying situation I faced was the fight during the "Coretech's Warehouse is under attack" quest. The AI of the allies were pathetic. They stormed out from their well selected defended spots whenever a single enemy turned up in the doorway ruining the defensive lines and allowing the big pack of attacker forces on the other side of the door to overrun the dumb allied units one by one.

My character was unable to throw grenades and such accurately at the time, but I had no other means to defeat the enemies. I had to replay the whole attack more than a dozen times and still the only one time I could actually win I had to wipe out all my allies as well as they turned against me due to a stupid missed flashbang grenade near the end of the attack.

It was a super annoying experience and is definitely felt like buggy AI behavior...

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 03:49:08 pm »
The same happened to me. I had to repeat that warehouse combat a lot of times. This time (I have restarted to try a different build) I am packing a full trucload of traps.  8)