Author Topic: Beating Underrail without killing anybody?  (Read 4613 times)

Eldakar

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Beating Underrail without killing anybody?
« on: May 01, 2016, 03:18:35 pm »
Is this possible? Utilizing sneak/thief/social skills and feats to get thru the game with no kills?

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Beating Underrail without killing anybody?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 05:00:08 pm »
No, that's impossible afaik. Not to mention ridiculously hard even if it was possible.

To elaborate, there is at least one instance where fighting appears to be the only option to progress. Probably more that I've forgotten about. You can get pretty far though, if you have the patience for messing up a lot and loading, but to the best of my knowledge you can't finish the game with that playstyle.

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 03:28:06 am »
... It is impossible. However I will still lay out steps.

I will assume I have perfect condition, best items in the game, with all the skills required.
I will also assume that *Perfect no kill playthrough, other than final boss himself*.

SPOILERS ARE BELOW. READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.
If you want to read it, they are colored black.
First, we must ditch all side quests, as many of them require you to... kill things.
1. SGS quests.
1.a: Retake outposts. Easy with stealth, hacking, lockpicking, Persuasion.
1.b: Wrench thrown here. Hopper round up, don't need much. Find Newton... now here is problem. You must kill psi bugs Or newton will die.
From here on *Perfect no humanoid kill playthrough, other than final boss himself* will begin
1.c: GMS expedition. You can use social skills to not kill.

2. Junkyard quests
2.a: Find the drill parts. You need high lockpick skill to lockpick wormhole passage, bypass the black eels guards stationed(stealth) there and go in to the junkyard unnoticed in and out... needless to say this is pretty hard.

3. Rails Crossing quests
3.a: Assist Rail Crossing... stealth and social skills will grant you no kill.

4. Core city quests
4.a: Look for Cornell... here is where everything ends. To know where cornell is, you must gain trust of one of three oligarchs. To gain trust of oligarchs, you need to be an arena gladiator. According to ancient tradition of arena, you can only become one by kill the existing one. So this is the end.
Therefore it is impossible to play no kill playthrough. But for the sprit of the explanation... let's continue.

5. Upper underrail quests
5.a: First, getting the statue. It is possible, if you have incredibly high stealth skill, incredibly good tabi boots, sprint.... this is nigh impossible but maybe doable. Prepare to tank damage to the face.
Infiltrate Tchortist ranks - Preservation route requires you to kill, so this is no-no.
Investigation... let's see.
Find Rassophore Pavel - no kill possible.
T - emitters - no kill possible.
XAL test - with high mechanical skill you don't have to kill.
etc etc. all no kill possible.

6. And until the end!
Other than pulsiating something something...? No kill possible.

Note that when I say that this is possible, I mean it is nigh impossible because this would require you to either tank damage or have high stealth and speed - maybe you need all three of them.
You also need to master most of the social skills and certain skills to achieve it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 03:29:44 am by reinhark »
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 06:40:13 am »
I did taking "the statue" with pure stealth.

The trick is to go to the backroom immediatelly after you take it, so that enemies detection cools down. Then go out quickly.