Author Topic: underrail.info  (Read 36293 times)

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: underrail.info.tm
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 10:37:33 am »
Is there a page where we could see suggested shared builds?

There are many build advice threads here on the forums, but unfortunately there's no good index of them. Would be nice if someone started a build megathread to collect all the build stuff within.

Is this a sneak peak at the upcoming veteran feats or is this cut content?

Oops... don't tell Styg you saw that. ;) It's neither. It's a new base game feat. There will be an option for expedition mode when it's time. Speaking of sneak peeks, expedition and time; Styg should have a new devlog for us this week.
[[Underrail Wiki]] // character builder and other Underrail utilities: underrail.info (thread)

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2016, 11:35:59 am »
Oops... don't tell Styg you saw that. ;) It's neither. It's a new base game feat.
A powerful one, too. Easily justifies setting INT to 7.

I wish gun nut was that good.

magras

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2016, 02:21:01 pm »
One more little bug: heavy punch misses 5 str requirement.

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2016, 04:28:13 pm »
One more little bug: heavy punch misses 5 str requirement.
Fixed.
[[Underrail Wiki]] // character builder and other Underrail utilities: underrail.info (thread)

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 11:48:08 pm »
I'm not sure it's the mad cow striking again but the build tool is off regarding skill point in my game.

This is my build and this is my save game.

According to the tool I should have 130 effective biology w/ 100 base bio, but this is not the case in my game. I only get 125 effective bio w/ 100 base bio?

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 12:48:50 am »
Mega link is broken and discrepancy of 5 points shouldn't be possible, did you mean 129? I did quickly plug those numbers in the game and Underrail gave 129 instead of 130.

This is a very rare occurrence and I was wondering when someone would stumble upon it up. It's a rounding error that my calculator doesn't simulate. My calculator written is Javascript which uses more precise floating point numbers than Underrail; it can't simulate Underrail's rounding errors perfectly as is. I guess I could fix this by dropping support for older browsers and doing a lot of hacky float conversion. I'll look into it.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 01:19:27 am »
Ok let's try the mega link again: link

Screenshot:

It's a discrepancy of 5 points ... not sure what's happening here.

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2017, 01:35:13 am »
That's because your actual in-game level (23) and the level in the builder (25) don't match. Drop your level in the builder to 23 and the skill will be correctly limited to 125. Everything is working as it should.

However I did find and fix a minor unrelated bug.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 03:17:26 am by epeli »

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2017, 01:42:30 am »
I see, but I thought level does not directly affect most character's stats. The only stats partially derived from level are health, fortitude, resolve and detection?

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2017, 01:52:35 am »
Well it also dictates the maximum for skills. You can't put more than 10+5*level points into any skill. And synergies cannot boost skills beyond that, which is what you're seeing here.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2017, 01:59:23 am »
Completely forgot about synergies maximum - many thanks epeli.

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2017, 07:26:17 pm »
The way synergies work has proven to be the most confusing aspect of Underrail's character system, so I decided to mark the "dead zone" by adding a small warning text (with appropriate tooltip) next to skills that have wasted synergy points due to skillcap.

A build linked earlier provides some good examples - various skills will display the warning if you drop level to 23 and/or fiddle around with int bonus.
http://underrail.info.tm/?build=AwGloJgVhAOEDMiQEZQqUgbKhMUozhgnrAQlQ5kCcqac8a6ExxaFoALEinKlxAQ+CeFzpQ6WOgHYkMwTLqwYNeDRpA

Another simple example, try tweaking dodge and evasion.
http://underrail.info.tm/?build=JwGgHA7KCMAsICYCsIUoqzaQAZf72h2hCL3IMouqoKA
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 12:56:28 am by epeli »

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2017, 08:15:49 pm »

Another simple example, try tweaking dodge and evasion.
http://underrail.info.tm/?build=JwGgHA7KCMAsICYCsIUoqzaQAZf72h2hCL3IMouqoKA
I raise dodge or evasion to 108, builder stops telling me i'm stupid but my dodge/evasion is still at 135. Technically it's correct because 108 * 1.255 = 135,54 and 135,54 > 135, but i'm still not getting anything by putting a skill point there.

Another case: raise AGI to 8 and drop dodge and evasion to 95. Red flag appears but if i drop dodge to 94 my effective dodge will be 134. So i'm getting something by raising dodge from 94 to 95 but still get that warning.
It's technically correct again because effective value of 136 is reduced to 135.

I'd be more happy with message akin to "you can take point from here and be as cool!" but it's good enough as it is.
Don't waste time on Underrail.

Use speedhack. Or Expedition's built-in 'speedhack'.

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2017, 05:54:39 am »
Technically the calculation is nothing like that, skill numbers are handled as integers and baseAbilityMod(7) doesn't return 1.255 anymore now that I've "fixed" it to emulate Underrail's rounding errors. But the insanity of this all is a whole nother topic...

Anyways, I changed the first case. Synergies shall be checked if (modifiedSkill <= skillcap) instead of <.
The second one will stay. I'm not terribly concerned if it warns early in edge cases. There could always be indirect benefits despite wasted synergy (synergies to other skills, feat requirements, derived stats, etc) so staying cool is left as an exercise to the user!

I know this is fairly useless for hardcore underrailers. The idea was to teach the synergy quirks to those who aren't as deep in the rabbit hole. ;) And I might redo the whole thing later. Listing all constituent parts of effective skill (skill points, base ability modifier, total synergy points, synergy points by contributing skill, skillcap, wasted synergy points, item bonuses) somewhere would be much better, but I doubt I'll find a way to display all that information without cluttering the page even more. Maybe hidden in a tooltip for the skill number.

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2017, 04:27:30 pm »
Perhaps the "reset" button should also reset things like chosen gear and bonuses to skills and abilities.