Author Topic: underrail.info  (Read 36299 times)

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: underrail.info.tm
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 08:24:38 am »
Done.
[[Underrail Wiki]] // character builder and other Underrail utilities: underrail.info (thread)

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2017, 12:22:04 am »
Having some trouble linking build url to steam guide - testing link, please ignore for now.

SMG build with some mistakes, hard game cleared

Revised SMG build

New player/Oddity player friendly version

Edit: there's nothing wrong with the build tool but can't get the direct link to work on steam guide. Fuck it I'll just link this post.
Edit2: Finally realized what's happening - steam don't like "+" and "-" in a link and the "Notice: you are leaving steam" re-direct mess up any link w/ + and - ... no way around this issue as [noparse] doesn't work. I'm afraid all future build on my steam guide will be re-directed to this post. -_-
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 10:41:31 pm by destroyor »

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2017, 11:04:05 pm »
Hey epeli,

I talked to Steam Support and got an answer back re: problem w/ build tool link re-direct incorrectly in Steam guide, looks like they can't really do anything and it (the re-direct) will stay as is.

Right now Steam re-direct will mess up if any link containing "+" symbol - you can see this in action here, Character build part I, Guns - SMG, proof1 and proof2 (or just Ctrl + F: proof).

I might re-work the character build section once the expansion is out and I wondering if it's possible for the build tool to generate all link without the "+" symbol?

Thanks in advance.

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2017, 12:17:06 am »
No. I have absolutely no intention of working around Steam's bugs, especially not something silly like that. The build links use only standard URI-safe symbols and plus is one of them. I intend to keep all the old build links working for the foreseeable future.

So, Valve has to fix their forum issues. In the meantime you could use a URL shortener to bypass Steam's bugs.
eg. http://underrail.info.tm/build/?AwGloJgVhBmECMA2EAOOjT3g2MAsM4I+ouMCEA7GLZBcCuSAJwM27Fd0gS9-Q4KWOlgsS6fOKgwo4pHyQwq8KiyA -> http://tinyurl.com/klecjm3
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 07:25:37 am by epeli »
[[Underrail Wiki]] // character builder and other Underrail utilities: underrail.info (thread)

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2017, 01:58:51 am »
Looks like URL shortener is the way to go. Thanks epeli.

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2017, 11:34:54 pm »
This should be sticky, as can be lost easily on the forums and not many people knows about this tool.

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2017, 07:24:30 am »
This should be sticky, as can be lost easily on the forums and not many people knows about this tool.

'k, will ask Styg. edit: it's now sticky!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 07:33:57 am by epeli »

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2017, 09:23:13 pm »
epeli I have a feature request - I'm wondering if you could add in all the intimidation gears in the build tool? No rush or anything but it would be nice if you can add them in when you have some free time.
Thanks in advance.

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2017, 09:52:40 pm »
Sure, that shouldn't take much effort... and done. You will probably need to force refresh with ctrl+F5 to see the changes immediately.

btw, regarding your steam guide - I've fixed the boxing glove typo on wiki and for psi mentor locations you better link directly to http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Psionic_mentors

And since you've been linking the mutagen puzzle helper around, you might be interested in a change I recently made. It now tries to solve the puzzle in background and informs the user whether it's solvable or not (in case there are typos in the reagents the old simple validation couldn't catch.) What do you think about that? Also thanks for spreading the word and helping desperate underrailers. :)

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2017, 10:07:09 pm »
Nice, thanks epeli.

Re: steam guide - I actually have a list of stuff I should update in a txt file, but I'm too lazy to get off my fat ass right now; I'll add them to my list.  :P

That's a great update to the mutagen puzzle helper. It's actually surprisingly common to see someone unable to solve their puzzle because they copy their reagents wrong.

Keep up the good work.

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2017, 06:30:06 am »
It's actually surprisingly common to see someone unable to solve their puzzle because they copy their reagents wrong.
Yeah, typos are the #1 reason players resort to seeking help on forums for their puzzle.

But overall it's not that common. So far only about 15% of puzzles that got through the old validation have been unsolvable (ie. had typos or didn't have all necessary mutagens). And obviously only a small fraction of people who have trouble with the puzzle end up on my site in the first place.

Now that the puzzle helper reliably detects unsolvable puzzles and tells the user to check their reagents, almost every unsolvable puzzle has appeared in solvable ones only a few minutes later. Though I don't know whether people end up solving their puzzles or not, I hope that the simple text confirming that the puzzle is solvable (and was easy enough for a computer to solve in few milliseconds) instills confidence.

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2017, 03:14:20 pm »
Finally, 1.0.3 is out! I've done some changes worth noting to http://underrail.info.tm/build/

- Support for new veteran level system and specializations.
-- Notably, this means more junk on the screen - fourth tab. It won't have any use yet, but I'm leaving it on display to gauge if there are any issues with it.

- New build link scheme.
-- Because the old links would've been quite long for veteran builds with lots of different specializations.
-- New links for full level 30 builds should be shorter than old level 25 links.
-- Old build links will continue to work for now, and hopefully as long as this thing exists.

- Specializations gave me an excuse to make the chosen feats list (in base tab) more useful:
-- From now on, they are saved in the order you selected them.
-- You can drag & drop them to change their order. The dragged feat is inserted after the one you drag it to.
-- You can still freely select feats in impossible order, but such feats will have strike-through effect on the list.
-- The level they're selected is shown. (These won't immediately show up when loading old builds, only once feats change.)
-- Specialization points invested in them are also shown.
-- Hovering over them shows full feat info just like on feats tab.

- The food buff selector is now more general purpose.
-- Maybe I should change the equipment menus into similar general purpose bonus selectors?

- Skills now show both outgoing and incoming synergies.
-- The game shows only outgoing, so I might change this back if people don't like it?

- Removed the hint about wasted synergy points.
-- The same information (and more) is in the normal tooltips of skill numbers.

- Different feat types (normal, trainable, veteran) are now more distinct in feats tab (just a different border color)

- Some conditional feats like Gunslinger and Juggernaut now show their effect on derived stats.

- Probably something else, it's been a while since I worked on this.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 02:54:18 pm by epeli »

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2017, 07:50:10 pm »
A feature request:
I'm wondering if you can add a feature allowing you to reorder the feats without de-selecting them? This way I can show progression without have to de-seletct feat and hunt for them again.

A suggestion:
Since the expansion is still in development perhaps the Specialization screen can default to minimize for now?

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2017, 09:33:32 pm »
Okay, I added a simple drag & drop control for moving the chosen feats around. No fancy animations, but it should work. I'm facepalming at the fact I didn't save the feats in order earlier, I thought I had done it ages ago.

I left the specialization screen enabled early to hopefully catch any potential low resolution or other issues in advance through feedback. I have absolutely no user-spying analytics going on, I'm doing things the old-fashioned and hard way! Also, switching between 3-4 screens when enabling/disabling expedition mode was annoying, so I opted to leave it always visible. It should automatically start minimized if there isn't enough horizontal space for it.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2017, 11:53:09 am »
Currently i can raise my lvl and skills to high values and pick high lvl feat as my first. It would be cool if your tool could prevent that since it's possible to calculate player lvl and max possible skill values from number of selected feats.
Don't waste time on Underrail.

Use speedhack. Or Expedition's built-in 'speedhack'.