Author Topic: underrail.info  (Read 36296 times)

Black Angel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: underrail.info
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2020, 09:15:19 am »
For some reason, the old info aren't saved to my laptop as json. Pls help

Stavrophore

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2020, 02:35:10 pm »
Packer sadly doesn't work, i get "failed to load savegame" when i pack the file. Even if i don't change anything in the file during unpacking/packing the game gets broken, like taser having no energy bar, innevrated all spells etc. This unpacked needs an update for sure.

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2020, 03:50:24 pm »

What do you mean? Saving old builds from info.tm?

Packer sadly doesn't work, i get "failed to load savegame" when i pack the file. Even if i don't change anything in the file during unpacking/packing the game gets broken, like taser having no energy bar, innevrated all spells etc. This unpacked needs an update for sure.

It should work the same as ever. Errors like that happen when the version header is wrong. Please make sure you repack your files back to correct version. When you unpack a file, its version is added to the dropdown menu. You have to select that before packing it back.
[[Underrail Wiki]] // character builder and other Underrail utilities: underrail.info (thread)

Stavrophore

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2020, 05:20:33 pm »
Right, thats why it hadnt worked. Still i'm copying some parts from one save file to another and then it says it can't load a file. Are these save games so picky about changes? I guess there's some validation going on, and you can't just paste parts of code to another save.

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2020, 05:36:08 pm »
Right, thats why it hadnt worked. Still i'm copying some parts from one save file to another and then it says it can't load a file. Are these save games so picky about changes? I guess there's some validation going on, and you can't just paste parts of code to another save.

Naturally, you have to get the syntax 100% correct or it won't work. Here's the spec of the binary serialization format:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/windows_protocols/ms-nrbf/
[[Underrail Wiki]] // character builder and other Underrail utilities: underrail.info (thread)

Stavrophore

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2020, 05:39:37 pm »
Fuck i'm done. Why does single player game has such frigging obstacles to edit a stupid savegame. Ive already finished few domination runs, i just wanted to add some item to inventory to check a build in a specific scenario, im not going to replay the whole frigging game just to test one item on the same build...

Edit: Ive even copied every character, down to every null and it still doesn't work. Doesnt matter if its simple name change or not, the game will fail to load, whether a repacked one will load fine, so any edit seems to broke the save. It's probably because there's a stupid token generated for each document that encrypt this garbage, and there's no way to circumvent this.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 06:11:48 pm by Stavrophore »

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2020, 07:10:50 pm »
Doesnt matter if its simple name change or not, the game will fail to load, whether a repacked one will load fine, so any edit seems to broke the save. It's probably because there's a stupid token generated for each document that encrypt this garbage, and there's no way to circumvent this.

There isn't any security of that kind in Underrail files. People frequently edit them.

I agree with the sentiment that fiddling with .NET binaries is awful for quickly testing something out. I've long believed Underrail would do better if Styg allowed the general public an easier way to do that stuff. Maybe one day. Save editing errors, my crappy unpacker, cheat engine bugs, convoluted item duping methods... it's all a waste of time.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 04:02:58 pm by epeli »

Stavrophore

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2020, 03:51:16 pm »
So what would you do to add chemhaze grenade to player character inventory? I can provide you with a save, if you are willing to help. I've tried adding same code from other save where player character has chemhaze grenades in inventory and it doesnt work. I've even dropped all items in inventory, left only with chemhaze, then did the same for the target save[beside one grenade as reference] and it doesnt work.
Im using notepad++ to open files and save them.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2020, 01:54:46 am »
@Stavrophore - you could just follow the instructions here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843557165
Duplication and item transfers section and "deliver" chemhaze grenade to your char.

Black Angel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2020, 11:26:23 am »

Yes. I tried saving the old builds from info.tm from my laptop which is where I made a lot of builds in the old info.tm. Unless it got sweeped away after some cache cleaning? But I haven't done one of those for a long while now.

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2020, 11:57:11 am »

Yes. I tried saving the old builds from info.tm from my laptop which is where I made a lot of builds in the old info.tm. Unless it got sweeped away after some cache cleaning? But I haven't done one of those for a long while now.

What happens when you go to http://underrail.info.tm/oldbuilds? It should immediately prompt you to save a file. If the file is empty instead of containing a list of your build names and their codes, there was nothing in your browser's local storage for underrail.info.tm and I'm afraid they're gone for good.

Black Angel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2020, 01:10:22 pm »
What happens when you go to http://underrail.info.tm/oldbuilds? It should immediately prompt you to save a file. If the file is empty instead of containing a list of your build names and their codes, there was nothing in your browser's local storage for underrail.info.tm and I'm afraid they're gone for good.
Clicking the link does save a file, but it isn't a .json file. I tried opening it with Notepad just now and there's nothing there. I remembered posting some links over at RPGCodex, would that redeem it somehow? Or am I fked for good?

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2020, 05:26:33 pm »
I tried opening it with Notepad just now and there's nothing there. I remembered posting some links over at RPGCodex, would that redeem it somehow? Or am I fked for good?

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get an email alert of your post for some reason.

I'm afraid if the file was empty, that most likely means your browser's local storage for the info.tm domain was empty - that's where the builds would be stored. They aren't sent over the internet like cookies nor stored on servers, they're only in your browser. Excluding any builds that you've posted links to, of course.

However, there's one glimmer of hope. If you used https:// instead of http:// on the old domain (very few users did), those builds can't be restored automatically because the new info.tm owner doesn't offer https service. To check for them manually, navigate to https://underrail.info.tm/ (it will time out after a while), then open your browser dev tools (F12 key), go to the Storage (Firefox) or Application (Chrome and clones) tab and look for Local Storage. That's where a list of your build names and codes would be.

epeli

• Wiki Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2020, 04:50:00 am »
Small update: added missing version 1.1.2.0 feat (Forceful Innervation) to character builder.