Author Topic: One more generic suggestion  (Read 3380 times)

RawCode

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
One more generic suggestion
« on: January 23, 2013, 04:15:56 pm »
First of all - game is great, ever at alpha stage, much more better then some games on release.

1) This is turn based game, some calculations is part of gameplay, but, current build does not provide enough data output, not ever possible to check how many AP you character have.
Suggestion at this part - clarify effects of every stat\skill\perk this will provide ability to plan your character without use of external data sources.
Such values will be discovered anyway, but much better when they displayed.

2) Perk list is too hard to navigate, suggestion at this part to merge similar perks into single multilevel perk and show perks at tree.

3) Trading very bad strongly believe this is placeholder for system similar to morrovind

WolveNZ

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Good Guy
    • View Profile
Re: One more generic suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 10:17:57 pm »
1, your AP is in the lower Right hand corner when in combat
weapons, feats and whatnot all have their AP values in their hover-on discription

RawCode

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 12:32:37 pm »
there is no display outside combat.
there is no info about how max AP is calculated.
there is no info about how will and psy skills affect psy skills damage.
there is no info about how skill AP scaled with weapons.

there is no info about how stats actually affect skills.

and many others "wtf this param does", this is ok for some casual time killers and koreastyle mmorpg, but not turn based RPG.

WolveNZ

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Good Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 11:47:39 pm »
Mmmm, thats true, their should be more of a Tutorial in the game I think

From what I remember, its always 50AP if Im correct, I always just calculated it in Combat as their no need outside of combat as its not used.

and for the psy and the Weapon skills I think we should have some sought of note in the weapons Description or whatnot, eg: Optimal Range: 7 (+2) or how ever the weapons are modified with skill increase, I believe its just accuracy.

I always just kinda guessed, if Firefights/Combat started to get to tough, I would think to improve my Weapon skill some the next time I leveled.

Maybe we could have some Color Indicator? For when looking at our stats?

eg,

if our skills are below 'average' then have the number in Red, if skills are around about average, then Yellow and if we're pretty dam pro then green? Maybe this could be updated as we level so when we distribute our new points we can tell if for a say Lvl.5 Guy if we're a good Lockpick, bad Hackker or whatnot

and Maybe in the stat discription could we have a modifyer? so like (+20% Blabla to blabla)?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 01:35:05 am »
Regarding what affects what: I usually put that in description. E.g. it says in description of weapon skills how they affect gameplay. For most things it's pretty clear how they work for people who played a couple of RPGs before, and some take a bit of figuring out (but that's also a part of fun in playing a complex game).

I do not provide exact formulas inside the game as design decision. They are not as straight forward as you might expect and would look very ugly.

WolveNZ

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Good Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 01:40:46 am »
Thats true, maybe with the armory their could be a way to replace common ammunition that is spent down range? This could be a good way to test Weapons out without having to worry about cost?

But I think it would be good to play around with some kinda Identifying system to show if your skills are decent or not. As theirs no Current context to your Stats at all, so you dont know when you start the game if your Lockpicking is decent, or rubbish, can get pretty annoying and may discourage players

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 01:48:44 am »
But I think it would be good to play around with some kinda Identifying system to show if your skills are decent or not. As theirs no Current context to your Stats at all, so you dont know when you start the game if your Lockpicking is decent, or rubbish, can get pretty annoying and may discourage players

You mean at the very start? Character creation? If you really want to be good at lockpicking just max out it at the start. It's not like spending a few extra points in something that you maybe didn't need to will make a useless character.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 01:56:24 am »
I actually agree with Wolve, having some sort of reference point would be good. Like having a bad/normal/good indicator depending on how high skill you have in relation to the beginner areas and such. Like 0-5 bad, 5-10 normal, 10-15 good. For the sake of newer player that may not know that only maxing skills is the way to go for a somewhat decent character. Having to reroll your character more than once or twice because of lack of info is a thing of the past, I kinda hated Might and Magic for that.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 02:02:00 am by nackidno »

RawCode

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 11:18:35 am »
Styg
there is no need in exact formulas.
just simple note about what effect what and how.

agi provide bonus to movement points:

increase movement points slightly - BAD
increase movement points by 5 - GOOD

this is not fun to recreate character multiple times just to get this information

same with other skills and attributes.

WolveNZ

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Good Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 12:46:14 pm »
well, its not about re-creating, its about going though the tough times to survive. Maybe having some base points in each one of the stats would be best? of maybe 5? and reducing the ammount extra you get on New Game a fair bit? or at least Reccomending it