Author Topic: Random questions (spoilers)  (Read 3421 times)

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Random questions (spoilers)
« on: April 04, 2020, 09:45:43 pm »
So I'm wondering if anyone know the answer for the questions below:

1) Does anyone know how to consistently get the discount from Ray by providing the description of the crushed person inside the vent? As far as I know there's no way to tell the crushed person's height and that's one of the question. Another problematic question is the one regarding facial feature - sure you can just look at the person's picture in dialogue and answer - no distinct feature but that always seems dubious to me.

2) Now I know I didn't imagine this but I could never reproduce it. I met a hostile npc named "Free Looter" on a jet once at Chancer's bay. I killed some random jet skiers there, moved on to land out of sight of the destroyed jets to repair + reload. When I moved back there was one single hostile npc "Free Looter" sitting on one of the wreckage. I'm wondering if this is a random event and if anyone else ever seen this npc?

3) One map south of the Rig, at the southwest corner, you'll see Knuckles and his gang standing around a fireplace. If you talk to Knuckles he'll say "psi" and turn hostile with all my available dialogue choices. I'm wondering if anyone manage to find the correct keyword/secret handshake/what have you to do business w/ Knuckles?

4) If you take a look at this wiki page https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Drunk_(Random_Event) there are quite a few red links there. I personally never seen the following: Femme Fatale, Slav Gang, Underknight Gang, Siphoner-swallowed Calf, Beetlebrainer, Sormirbaren Worship. Have you? Are the red links a result of data mining or?

5) On a similar note https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Random_events is missing a couple entries and I'm too lazy to add them myself but I like to make a comment here hoping someone else would :P :

- abandoned refrigerator (lower Underrail, seen SE and a map E of Secluded Station) - random food items inside the frig w/ a moist note: Don't touch anything. I'll be right back.
- scavenger (lower underrail, north of SGS) - a lone scavenger standing over a non-lootable smoking ash, no meaningful dialogue
- abandoned box (random locations, seen in Hecate Research and other locations) - random loot inside a box, when opened, toxic gas will leaking from the box and stay forever. I guess you could consider it a variation of https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Kamikaze_Box

Any others?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 07:18:32 pm by destroyor »

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Random questions (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 07:21:04 pm »
Many thanks epeli - edited original post for better readability.

Do you know anything regarding Q1?

Q3 seems interesting - doing a playthrough right now - will report back on where to find the note.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 10:26:35 pm »
Found the Note (The Rig) - see https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Perception
Secret, Expedition
Requirement: PER 5

Interesting, if obscure, encounter w/ Knuckle. I bet majority of Underrail player will never see this, just like the pipe cover right outside the Arena.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 10:29:55 pm by destroyor »

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 12:50:59 am »
4) If you take a look at this wiki page https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Drunk_(Random_Event) there are quite a few red links there. I personally never seen the following: Femme Fatale, Slav Gang, Underknight Gang, Siphoner-swallowed Calf, Beetlebrainer, Sormirbaren Worship. Have you? Are the red links a result of data mining or?

The siphoner-swallowed calf and the sormirbaren worship are blacksea-only.  I've seen the the siphoner twice in one spot and once in another, both along the north shore in native territory.  The worship is on that island south of the bone village or eldrans village (I forget) with the small building and a waterfall coming down from above; it's usually empty with several empty containers, but if the event triggers there is a group of natives on the island. 

If the beetlebrainer is what I think it is, it only triggers in upper underrail. 
*eurobeat intensifies*

Maelstrom

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 10:40:08 am »
I just had an encounter with a free looter as well while I was afk on the coast between the rig and junkyard (where the crashed boat is). I will investigate this further.

Edit:

proof that this npc spawns
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 11:18:09 am by Maelstrom »

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 02:34:34 pm »
Oh, there is another random encounter in the black sea I forgot to mention; those "hole" rooms with minor loot.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Maelstrom

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 11:57:57 pm »
2) Now I know I didn't imagine this but I could never reproduce it. I met a hostile npc named "Free Looter" on a jet once at Chancer's bay. I killed some random jet skiers there, moved on to land out of sight of the destroyed jets to repair + reload. When I moved back there was one single hostile npc "Free Looter" sitting on one of the wreckage. I'm wondering if this is a random event and if anyone else ever seen this npc?
2. I'm not aware of a random event like that, but the maps with random jet skiers have some advanced scripting. Could be that.

Now that we know, thanks to Maelstrom, that the name is "Freelooter" I could check it out. It was pretty much what I guessed. Nothing in random events, nothing in maps, nothing in characters.

The only reference to Freelooter is in the code that manages generic jet skiers for the waterways. It seems freelooters have a 2% chance of appearing, and you will only ever see one at a time, unlike jet skier groups. They can't appear in CVW zones 8-15, 22-30, 44-48 nor at the rig. So, more or less nowhere near populated areas. For reference: https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Zones#Waterways (still missing screenshots *hint, hint* but at least the zones are named/grouped)

And as an aside, one ending slide also makes a passing reference to freelooters. Now that the endings have been bugfixed, I should probably re-check my list of them and put it up in the wiki.

How did you manage to read these files? is it possible to modify them?

YawaUR

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2021, 12:53:30 am »
Re Q4, I encountered the slav gang and the femme fatale in my most recent playthrough. The slavs had two dogs, Bog and Batina (dobermans), alongside their masters Vidoviti Boban (psionic), Cheda Pacov (shotgun), Lepi Slavko (pistol) and Crni Mile (cbow). I probably encountered them at about level 22, can't say for sure. They were east of Foundry train then north, a cauldron of soup and mushrooms had spawned in with them.

The other group, it was two zones east of the Foundry train, south, then west, they were sitting in the corner with a barrel. This was some time after the slav gang, maybe level 24. There was Eden (probably the sniper, there was definitely a sniper), Pearl, Crimson (cbow), Willow (maybe pistol judging by the ammo I left on her corpse) and Velvet (sledge).

Can't really offer much more. I am aware it's a necro but still.