Author Topic: Hook me up with Energy/Chem pistol build please  (Read 6406 times)

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Hook me up with Energy/Chem pistol build please
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 07:14:09 am »
You can't go all in on INT, especially at higher difficulties you need to have a solid PER to get a decent hitrate.

jubisloviu

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2018, 12:18:12 pm »
For Energy Pistols i would suggest going with those stats at the game start:

STR 5
DEX 9
AGI 3
CON 5
PER 8
WILL 3
INT 7

-Put points into Dex until you're confortable with the AP cost reduction from the pistols, i usually stop around 13 because with a eel sandwich you'll be able to fire Laser Pistols for 10AP per shot, and fire 2 shots of plasma pistol per turn if you use Point Shot
-You need 7 Int for the crafting feats like pratical physicist and power management, they're amazing feats to have and practical physicist stacks with the circular wave amplifier when crafting energy pistols, wich means that with Critical power you can reach +600%~+800% crit damage bonus with a good Circular Wave Amplifier, and this gets further boosted with a Smart Module.
-I honestly wouldn't really bother with non-crafted energy pistols because they'll lack what makes energy pistols decent powerhousers, wich is the amazing critical damage.

You could argue steadfast aim isn't necessary if you have the patience of using the ambush feat, if you plan on using it you can drop STR to 3 and raise your Per/Int even further for more damage

I used this build for dominating and managed to finish the game only needing to spam beartraps in some few situations.
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?GQUNAwUIAwnChzwAAAAAwodPMwAVUFBLMVAAAAA3AD8BJikeWjrCmhFLMQ

blind spots would be the following
-Crit Immune enemies
-Enemies with high Heat/Energy resistances
-Lower Range compared to other guns
-Unreliabily of the Electroshock Pistol bounces

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 10:44:35 pm »
I'm using only stealth garb, your best armor is a corner that breake LoS with enemies lol.
For such groups it's sadly reloadings, also I do use some traps but try not to abuse them, like not more then 3 of them.
Usually discharge from Electoshock Pistol is a good beginning, then some napalm or acid, or liquid nitrogen.
The problem is that it's too difficult to find winning strategy - I man which chem pistol to use, at least for me, so it's usually a couple of reloads.
I did't used yet plasma pistol or laser, can't find good components at 16 lvl.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 10:48:09 pm by Fenix »