Author Topic: Dev Log #60: New Experimental Version (1.0.4.15) and Trailer Video  (Read 18085 times)

Dizzy

• Zoner
  • How to catch a unique rabbit? You neek' up on it.
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Log #60: New Experimental Version (1.0.4.15) and Trailer Video
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2018, 01:39:16 am »
Great!
Finally much-needed adjustment of formerly too powerful Burst fire and Quick Tinkering. Now we can see the hit chance of throwing nets, that is good.

Maybe it needed an adjustment of some sort. But doing slightly above 50% of the old damage I'd hardly call an "adjustment".

I agree fully.

This eliminates the burst-fire build as an option in Dominating for the most part. Unfortunate that there was no other way to adjust the damage without completely ruining the viability of the build.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2018, 08:07:54 am »
Only have a insignificant question, do we have a chance to name our jet skis?
No, all the nice jet skis already have fancy names.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2018, 01:11:45 pm »
Great!
Finally much-needed adjustment of formerly too powerful Burst fire and Quick Tinkering. Now we can see the hit chance of throwing nets, that is good.

Maybe it needed an adjustment of some sort. But doing slightly above 50% of the old damage I'd hardly call an "adjustment".

I agree fully.

This eliminates the burst-fire build as an option in Dominating for the most part. Unfortunate that there was no other way to adjust the damage without completely ruining the viability of the build.

I have a good guess that feat specialization will even out some of the 'uber nerfs' like the Burst damage changes and maybe Quick Tinkering cooldown.

At any rate you can always run a crit-focused Chimera build instead of a smart-Hornet  build, I coasted through the game on Hard with one, I would feel confident giving it another spin on Dominating, this time with specialization points to put in all the burst/criticals feats as well.

Tamior

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2018, 11:00:49 am »
Animals and other low-intelligence enemies can now pass through curtain doors. Good luck.
I sure hope that includes psi beetles in the Newton's warehouse on  dominating.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 12:09:50 pm by Tamior »

Shredded Cheddar

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2018, 03:19:16 pm »
There are no curtain doors on that map. Probably gonna be most annoying in Depot A

Tamior

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2018, 03:35:03 pm »
There are no curtain doors on that map. Probably gonna be most annoying in Depot A
Well, that being the case, I'd say all non-locked doors need to be replaced with curtain doors by default on dominating.

Shredded Cheddar

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2018, 05:47:12 pm »
Considering the new .25% value of items on dominating and the fact that nobody has been able to nodeath the difficulty yet, I don't really think changing all the maps is a good use of Dev time or would improve anyone's enjoyment of the game on that difficulty.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2018, 07:52:41 pm »
Considering the new .25% value of items on dominating and the fact that nobody has been able to nodeath the difficulty yet, I don't really think changing all the maps is a good use of Dev time or would improve anyone's enjoyment of the game on that difficulty.

There's a guy on a different forum playing a sneaky psi trapper who claims to have not died yet.  I don't know if he finished it or not.
*eurobeat intensifies*

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2018, 01:25:56 pm »

There's a guy on a different forum playing a sneaky psi trapper who claims to have not died yet.  I don't know if he finished it or not.
Where's that, Codex?

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2018, 03:15:35 pm »

Where's that, Codex?

No, 4chan.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Hazard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2018, 08:34:52 pm »
So, uh, is Versatility actually useful or a trap? Guns + Crossbows might work, since they share some feats, but even then, it just seems... sub-optimal.  :-\

mattu

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2018, 10:33:04 pm »
Versatility might be a trap. It's funny, because when I first saw it I thought it was OP, especially with the likely option of juicing it via specialization points. But now that I've thought about it for a while, I'm not sure I'll ever try it. Having attack points that aren't backed up by feats isn't all that appealing.

It might be a good choice for newbies who haven't figured out the systems yet, letting them try lots of things without having to actually spread themselves thin on skill points. Probably not that many newbies trickling in at this point, although I still hope to convince my brother to give it a proper try one of these days.

I might ever take Versatility on a melee character to give myself backup ranged options. To me this feels like the most advantageous use of Versatility. But more likely I'll just keep putting a few points in Throwing and chucking grenades. (Looking forward to a sword and board character once the expansion lands.)

Grudge

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2018, 02:37:35 am »

I've been trying that one on and off since Styg implemented the difficulty. It's been an interesting experience. I recently managed to get to the point that I can reliably get through depot A, largely by memorizing nearly every tiny part of the game up to that point. My best run made it through rail crossing and I then forgot that core city doesn't like it if you walk around in someone else's apartment.

mattu

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2019, 03:03:02 am »
I can't download 1.0.4.15.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just me being a bonehead. No one else has complained so I suspect the latter.

I have GOG Galaxy configured to download using the Experimental channel. The version I get is 1.0.3.20B2, not 1.0.4.15.

Has anyone else been able to get 1.0.4.15 from GOG Galaxy? Are you using the Experimental channel?

Thanks for any suggestions.

mattu

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2019, 01:58:12 pm »
Good to know, thanks Epeli.