Author Topic: Does the Junkyard recover after the Gang war?  (Read 1145 times)

Faeren

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Does the Junkyard recover after the Gang war?
« on: February 19, 2019, 08:36:40 pm »
I had assumed that the Black Eels would move into the Scrappers territory, a second in command would be posted where Eddy used to be, and a new shopkeeper would take the place of Gort, but so far there are just a few soldiers and Black Eels loitering about and I appear to have lost a shop.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Does the Junkyard recover after the Gang war?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 12:07:48 pm »
You lose a shop either way, that's how the quests are built.  And, no, the Junkyard doesn't fully recover - the old Scrappers territory stays abandoned.  On the bright side, neither of the stores are really high-end stuff, so once you've finished the Depot A questline and the world opens up, you don't have much cause to go back to those early-game stores.  The only merchant in Junkyard that is really end-game viable is Fixer.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 11:07:24 pm »
Gort is easily the best early game merchant IMO; he's always got the good shit for crafting.  Blaine gets you access to new things, sure.  Gort always has 4 flashbangs if you don't craft those yourself.  Whereas the eel merchant hardly ever buys anything and while sometimes he'll have that rare odd thing I need, I rarely buy anything from him.
*eurobeat intensifies*

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 12:28:18 pm »
Blaine gets you access to new things, sure.
In early game, Blaine isn't much more helpful than Gort, yeah.  Blaine's special niche in mid-game is that he takes SGS credits as well as charons, so you can swap out those otherwise useless SGS without paying Colton's exchange rate.  Sure, you can do the same at Jonas, but Blaine has 12.5x the charons to exchange.  Plus he does get better and higher quality rare items than Gort, and unlocks a very good selection if you've got the (rather low) Mercantile to unlock his special stash.  Gort doesn't have unlockable merchandise.