Author Topic: Suppose I killed off an entire Oligarch family.....  (Read 2866 times)

ChaunceyK

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Nope, not a spambot.
    • View Profile
Suppose I killed off an entire Oligarch family.....
« on: March 15, 2019, 05:39:40 am »
Just suppose I was continually refused entry to one of the Oligarch's houses, and I happened to be a really stealthy guy so I decided to sneak into their house just to see what all the hub-bub was about.  But then suppose one thing happened after another & before I knew it, I'd self-defensed an entire family (and their staff) to death.  What effect might that have on my gaming experience?

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Suppose I killed off an entire Oligarch family.....
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 07:15:52 am »
That depends. Is that the oligarch you chose to work to, and if it is, have you already completed their whole questline?

If the answers are "yes" to the former and "no" to the latter, your game is pretty much broken as you won't be able to progress in the main questline anymore. Not a big deal at all if it's any other oligarch or if you already finished their questline.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 12:44:08 pm »
UnderRail is an unapologetic Murder Hobo Simulator.  Soon as you get what you need from someone, feel free to shank 'em in the kidneys and see what's in their pockets.

It's like pickpocketing for low-Dex characters.

The game starts and ends in SGS so don't go cleaning the place out as soon as you're done in Junkyard unless you don't care about story. And, you know, be prepared to live with yourself after becoming Death, Destroyer of Worlds and basically genociding civilization.

ChaunceyK

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Nope, not a spambot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 03:10:37 pm »
Well, it wasn't my original intention to off the entire family. And I did save my game before going in. But it seems it got overwritten after the fact.

On the plus side, I already finished the questline from my oligarch, and the family I whacked was not his. But killing without good reason (such as my own safety and/or significant profit) really isn't my character's style.

Seeing as I didn't get anything significant  (other than satisfying my curiosity), I'll probably go back to the older save, even if it means it'll take me an extra hour or so to catch up to where I was before my home invasion. I mean, yeah, my character kinda doesn't like the whole oligarchy setup, but if breaking it up a bit won't change anything, then I as a player feel like "why bother."

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 07:53:10 pm »
There was nothing else you could do. It was self defense. I'm sure the faction system will understand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byV-KAG0tAQ

Quidam Craft

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 12:37:41 am »
You should definitely try an home invasion at fort apogee as well... Maybe it will prove intresting as well.

ChaunceyK

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Nope, not a spambot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 12:43:34 am »
Fort Apogee just made me a Corporal, so I've been all through their place. That's gonna be a firm "no," lol.

Quidam Craft

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 12:46:27 am »
Damn ! Where is your will for aventure ?
You know, there is an oddity worth 3 points on these big dreadnoughts. If it could convice you ! Plus, good odities on the chemical assault unit if theu haven't left yet.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 07:33:23 am »
You should definitely try an home invasion at fort apogee as well... Maybe it will prove intresting as well.
If you cheese it hard enough, a psi build can clear the main Fort Apogee map with two TK Punches.

ChaunceyK

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Nope, not a spambot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 01:56:01 pm »
Oh, the thought of killing as many living humans as possible by end game did occur to me already, lol. But I really want to stay true to my character concept. He's a guy who just wants to live as safe and comfortable as possible, regardless of who he needs to align with to accomplish that. He's definitely not a hero or a psychopath, but he would switch alliances if he felt it were the smart thing to do to ensure his own future.

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 03:26:11 pm »
If you cheese it hard enough, a psi build can clear the main Fort Apogee map with two TK Punches.
Oh? Mind explaining?

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 06:55:30 pm »
Oh? Mind explaining?
Explain? Sure.  ThermoD.

Walkthrough?

When you enter the map, the  pillars will give you helpful LOS breaks.  If you want, you can chuck out some caltrops.  Aggro the zone & stun the patroller with a flashbang.  When the first decent-sized group comes around the corner, Premed + LoC + Mental Breakdown so they all pile up.  When the Dreadnoughts start showing up, back yourself into a corner and raise a 4-turn Force Field.  When the force field drops, ThermoD + TK Punch will clear most of the soldiers (may need to proxy it if you're playing Dominating because of the HP bloat; also, you'll want Pyromaniac to get that DoT from the ThermoD explosion so it can finish off the heavily armored troops who may survive the blast because of their high physical resist).  Apogee is one of the few places where there are actually too many enemies to clear in a single ThermoD blast so you'd need to either zone out and let your abilities cool down, or run past the survivors and break LOS in the S-curve there past the entrance to Frasier's shop. Repeat the Force Field so they all agther up, and the ThermoD + TK Punch to clear the group.

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 12:25:53 am »
There was nothing else you could do. It was self defense. I'm sure the faction system will understand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byV-KAG0tAQ

hahahahahhah styg i love you man. this aint about peace in south underrail, this is about world peace my dude