Author Topic: So enjoyed what I played a long time ago, but dropped due to life. Build help!  (Read 9213 times)

MonthOLDpickle

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Yea I don't know what to replace the disassemble one though, maybe salesman? Or maybe power management?

« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 01:28:01 pm by MonthOLDpickle »

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Yea I don't know what to replace the disassemble one though, maybe salesman? Or maybe power management?
Salesman helps you sell stuff off quickly.  Before the economy change, I liked it a lot.  On Easy and Normal, I suspect it would still be quite nice since it makes the non-weapon vendors reliable sources of charons - take all those rathound leathers you've accumulated, sew them into simple leather armor, recycle them for scrap, and make advanced tailoring repair kits.  Lots of money from the vendor next to Kevin, in Foundry, and from whats-his-face in Engineering in SGS.  You can craft up a few hundred adrenaline shots and sell them by the dozen to the doctors.  It's good at minimizing the size of your stash, especially if you're a hoarder in video games (I sure am!  I worked hard murdering all those NPCs for their loot, I'm sure as hell gonna schlep it all back to my throne of bones).  But then again, on Easy and Normal, you're gonna have so much money it's a little silly anyway.

Power Management makes a huge difference in your energy shields, if you use them (I find them too powerful and never use them in my games any more, but I did the first few times I played through).  It also lets your cloaking devices last a few turns longer which may make all the difference.  It's pretty darn nice, if you're not an energy pistol user.  If you are, it's nearly essential.

MonthOLDpickle

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Salesman helps you sell stuff off quickly.  Before the economy change, I liked it a lot.  On Easy and Normal, I suspect it would still be quite nice since it makes the non-weapon vendors reliable sources of charons - take all those rathound leathers you've accumulated, sew them into simple leather armor, recycle them for scrap, and make advanced tailoring repair kits.  Lots of money from the vendor next to Kevin, in Foundry, and from whats-his-face in Engineering in SGS.  You can craft up a few hundred adrenaline shots and sell them by the dozen to the doctors.  It's good at minimizing the size of your stash, especially if you're a hoarder in video games (I sure am!  I worked hard murdering all those NPCs for their loot, I'm sure as hell gonna schlep it all back to my throne of bones).  But then again, on Easy and Normal, you're gonna have so much money it's a little silly anyway.

Power Management makes a huge difference in your energy shields, if you use them (I find them too powerful and never use them in my games any more, but I did the first few times I played through).  It also lets your cloaking devices last a few turns longer which may make all the difference.  It's pretty darn nice, if you're not an energy pistol user.  If you are, it's nearly essential.

Is salesmen worth it without dissassemble? I added the psi crafting one so I can only get one more feat.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Is salesmen worth it without dissassemble? I added the psi crafting one so I can only get one more feat.
Salesman and Disassemble work different steps of the profit pathway.  Disassemble increases the average value of the things you sell (you take the XM off the cheap 5mm Hawker and put it on a 44 frame; you get a weapon in garbage condition and disassemble it then reassemble it so it's in perfect repair without consuming repair kits).  Salesman lets you sell more things at once to get more of the vendor money stash put into your own pocket.  Disassemble is best for big-ticket items at the weapons/armor/electronics vendors.  Salesman is best for bulk selling small-ticket items at the misc/medical vendors.  You'd need to decide for yourself which you think is going to be better for you.  Truthfully, you'll be just fine financially without either one.  Don't sweat this choice.  Just go with whatever you think you'd like to try.  You'll be fine with both, either, or neither.

MonthOLDpickle

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Ah okay I will go with the increase battery then or salesmen.

Quidam Craft

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Oh my gosh somebody actually uses it on mobile!

I do use on mobile as well... There is some issue with not proper user interface but usually it work well enough !

MonthOLDpickle

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Also I am having issues moving around feats on mobile.

Oh my gosh somebody actually uses it on mobile!

Sorry, drag and drop doesn't work with touch - you'd have to re-select the feats in order (or just don't worry about it for now.) The feat list is ordered the same way as it is in-game, mostly by minimum requirements.

You know, I honestly had planned making the site work better on mobile - at least swipe support for switching between pages and a better way to assign points than tap-tap-tap for days. (PC's got ctrl and shift clicks.) But a character planner for an oldskool PC game gets next to no mobile visitors. And this forum ain't the best on mobile either. Gotta copy Styg's standards. Yup, those are good excuses for justifying my laziness.

Heh for the most part it works fine. I love this thing don't worry. I was having trouble just redoing choices.

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
That much stealth is way overkill; with your Electronics score, you can craft a cloaking device, which can get you up to about 80 effective stealth; you can get by with 50-60 real points in Stealth and be just fine sneaking past just about everything, if you're careful.
Ehhh... IIRC, someone one-shot the final boss with Snipe by abusing Stealth/Smart Attack modifiers. Its not where his build is going, but there is value in high stealth; i.e. you don't know all the crawler locations and use stealth creeping tactics to buy your motion tracking goggles more time.

MonthOLDpickle

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Okay I am level 7 and I am starting to hit swarms of enemies. I can get lucky if I can choke point them but areas like (spoilers) the underground to free a prisoner and depot A are killing me.

I only have one armour chest (some cave hopper chest piece). For technology atm I only have 10(15) in mechanics, 20(30) in electronics, and 10(15) in Tailoring. My next level up what should I focus on and how do I get better defense?

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Okay I am level 7 and I am starting to hit swarms of enemies. [...] My next level up what should I focus on and how do I get better defense?
Is this your Psychosis-built psi character?  You should have premeditation by level 7 and be about to pick up Psionic Mania.  So from about level 8 to about level 16, all you have to do is manually start combat, walk just close enough to see the bad guys, Premeditate, Psionic Mania, Pyrokinesis. That'll kill a lot of the easier enemies right there.  You've still got your 50AP at that point so you can follow up with an electrokinesis stun if that's appropriate, or a pair of cryokinesis casts, or start lobbing grenades.  Once you pick up Pyromaniac, your alpha strike may well set a bunch of enemies on fire, making it all the easier to manage them.

Down the line, you're going to want to change out your alpha strike.  Psionic Mania + Cryokinetic Orb is ludicrous.  Following that up with Locus of Control + [something] just feels frankly unfair to the poor enemy NPCs who never had half a chance.

Basically, for Psychosis, the only defense you need is MOAR OFFENSE.  qaStaHvIS wa' ram loSSaD Hugh SIjlaH qetbogh loD !!

MonthOLDpickle

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Mania is lvl 8 xD but I am trying to do side stuff in hopes of finding enough oddities.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Mania is lvl 8 xD but I am trying to do side stuff in hopes of finding enough oddities.
I've never had any difficulty at all getting to level 10 before going to the Depot, the times I played Oddity.  I don't know why you're having trouble.  You just need to explore more, I suspect.

Did you farm the siphoners at the Siphoner Pools for their oddity?  There's at least one lootable oddity there, too.

Did you buy (or make, or steal, or disarm&keep) a bunch of traps, and go hit up the easier of the two Lunatic groups that you can get to?  There should be three oddities, I think, in the map screens you "unlock" by killing off that group.  And that group can be managed quite handily if you load up on bear traps, Mk 1 frag mines, caltrops, and grenades.

Did you go poke around in Junkyard and do the first two quests for both Eels and Scrappers?  Great xp from doing those quests.

If you did do those quests, and decide you want to help the Eels, did you do the first few steps of the new quest line?  Finding Blaine, and all that?  There's some xp in that for you.  If you're feeling froggy, there's no reason you can't jump all over the opportunity to wipe out the Scrappers before you go into the Depot.  There's at least one oddity in the Scrappers camp, if you ddin't get it elsewhere, and man so much loot.

Did you farm cave hoppers for the three minutes it'll take to get their droppable oddity?  Then give Mordre some meat (I think that's worth one Oddity xp as well, maybe?)

How about going into the three easy Depot maps and killing off the Junkyard Muties and the dogs?  You might want to leave the central depot for last, since those real mutants can be a pain, but the Junkyard Muties are not hard at all.  There's a bunch of Oddity xp in those three easier maps, and another huge pile of loot.

Did you go run around in the Underpassages and gank all the Lurkers?  Did you go back into the GMS compound, take the caves to the east, and kill off the larger group of bandits there, with the named guy?  There's so much stuff to do before you *have* to hit the Depot.  You just must be skipping all of it.  So, don't.

MonthOLDpickle

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
I done 18 quests in GMS, I have to find drill. I done some of the scrappers (to the point I can go into the depot but killing a dog attracts everybody even if I one shot it..haven't found a choke point yet).  Dunno where other depot areas are TBH. I may have missed one or two areas because when I encountered them I was around lvl 2. Have no clue about siphoners, missed them prob because I found them low level and just forgot. Lunatics..orob same thing lol...where? This is my map so far:

https://abload.de/img/map4idkfu.png

https://abload.de/img/map3veja4.png

https://abload.de/img/map2czk36.png

https://abload.de/img/mapeckrb.png

MonthOLDpickle

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Also haven't really found any armour and start putting points into the skill tree. What should I craft? I am trying to find this on the wiki.

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tactical_Vest

Mid-late game you definitely want to use Psi Beetle. If you cut CON, you might want Sturdy Vest, otherwise customize based on needs. Same with Overcoat, customize according to your style/needs.