Author Topic: What are highest skillchecks for Lockpick and Hacking with DLC now?  (Read 2289 times)

zion563

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Wondering

morimoto

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: What are highest skillchecks for Lockpick and Hacking with DLC now?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 09:30:29 pm »
I think about 130-135.

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 10:13:58 pm »
The max is still an effective Lockpicking skill of 135, but IIRC there are only 1 or 2 containers in the entire game that require 135 Lockpicking, and both are in Deep Caverns. I don't recall either of them containing anything noteworthy whatsoever. I've found that an effective of 100 (or 85 if you have the Huxkey) is more than enough to get me everything I care about. Anything more than that is just a waste of skill-points, if you ask me.

The same goes for Hacking. The max is still 135, but there are only a few containers that require that much, and none of them have anything worthwhile. The only good reason to ever get up to 135 hacking is for that sweet Deep Caverns lore from IRIS, which honestly isn't that interesting and IMO is not worth the skill-points. She basically just tells you stuff you can already figure out yourself. I think the console in Oculus requires something like 115 Hacking (don't quote me on that), so that's as far as I'd ever go.

If you have to choose between the two, choose Hacking.

Duskmare

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 03:21:50 pm »
I found a container in the base game with a 140 or so lockpick requirement. It was in the lurker tunnels at the very North Eastern corner. Never actually did get it open... Was planning to use one of those dexterity giving sandwiches to buff myself enough to manage it but never got round to it. So I can't say if it's got anything interesting in it or not.

As for hacking it's at least 130 effective skill before hacking devices. There's a computer terminal that has a 130 requirement in a text menu so you can't use a haxxor to buff your skill. It's somewhat important/interesting and story based so it's worth having that by the time you reach the end game.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 03:24:20 pm by Duskmare »