Author Topic: Assorted genius ideas  (Read 7222 times)

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Assorted genius ideas
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2020, 12:54:47 pm »
OK, some guy (Angry Duck) on Discord suggested this - more business with the spying burrower spawn bugs!
Like, you can buy them from Constantine or Twitch guy, and like, plant them here and there for fun&profit.
So, you can use them not only in response to quest - you can GET quest by planting them!
For example you can get a heavy hint of who Tanner is before endgame.
But that definitely will require new quests.
Maybe not in Underrail. Maybe in Infusion?

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2020, 08:43:03 pm »
Someone asked for this, and I also suggested this befoe Expedition was released.Anyway, to the point:
make recycling different, so you could recycle items with just one click.
Like your cursor changes its mode and you simply click and recycle item.
Could be done via clicking some special item in inventory, like scissors or something, and then go on wild recycle rave.
If engine supports this of course.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2020, 02:16:13 pm »
So, Diassemble - ability to add weapon modules to all weapon, or at least uniques?
Imagine Sonocaster with Circular Wave Amplifier right? And with crit bonus from Practical Physicist, added upon refitting weapon.
Or Bieretta with Rapid Reloader. Or Wyatt's gun with RR.
Probably too unbalanced?

Also, make Pyromaniac work for energy weapon? While it makes perfect sense for plasma pistol, it obviously dosnt need that.
On the other hand, laser one would like it, and prerequisite could be Practical Physicist, but lazer doesn't deal heat damage.
Eh...

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2020, 06:58:10 pm »
Here's a genius idea:

Add hotkeys for item-wheel options. If I want my Huxkey to go to Hack, I press 1 (example), if I want to lockpick with it, I press 2 etc.

mattu

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2020, 01:00:36 am »
Here's a genius idea:

Add hotkeys for item-wheel options. If I want my Huxkey to go to Hack, I press 1 (example), if I want to lockpick with it, I press 2 etc.

You can basically do this now. You can drag your Huxkey to two different slots on your hotkey bar, and set one to lockpick and the other to hack.

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2020, 04:54:31 pm »
Here's a genius idea:

You can basically do this now. You can drag your Huxkey to two different slots on your hotkey bar, and set one to lockpick and the other to hack.

Thanks!

ecogen

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2020, 11:34:02 pm »
Here's another genius idea that no RPG has done ever before:

Separate save files by character.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2021, 09:27:05 pm »
QoL feature - add turn separator in the log, to better see where the new turn started.

TheSidewalkSLAM

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2021, 06:35:32 pm »
Naga Guardian - what if you kept it intact or almost intact in fight with snakepeople, and after you finished Expefition, you can take it to your beloved home? So it can protect you against some sneaky character who could trespass to your house. Or on the countrary - could be hacked and turned against you.
To that point, the defense turrets you invest in from CC Housing ought to actually have some impact on a certain home invader rather than them magically appearing in your basement. (the player ought to be the only one allowed to magically appear in the basement!) The naga specifically I feel would make a better Living Room decoration piece like the beast's head rather than a defense option.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2021, 11:57:14 am »
Idea - slightly randomized trap placement.
Like, 1 tile radious would be enough to spice up things a bit.
I do think devs thought about it, and for some reason rejected it, so put it here just in case.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2021, 12:52:34 am »
Blueprint for unloading bullets/shells in order to get cases - take 100 bullets/shells, and make them into 100 cases.
Or maybe it should be a %, based on @ mechanical skill.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2021, 05:15:55 am »
Incremental movement - I hope I used right words.
Say, you press some button and now able to mone to a position where mouse pointer is, instead of jumping to a center of a nerby tile.
Sometimes you need to move just a bit, and keep the rest, say 5 MP to move back.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2021, 01:24:17 pm »
Add the icon for Ambush feat similiar to what enemies have when they illuminated enough, only icon on PC show if he is standing in the dark enough place - sometimes it's not clear is it not enough illumination for targets, or too much light for PC.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2021, 02:20:26 pm »
Add the icon for Ambush feat similiar to what enemies have when they illuminated enough, only icon on PC show if he is standing in the dark enough place - sometimes it's not clear is it not enough illumination for targets, or too much light for PC.

If your portrait background is totally dark, you can ambush.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2021, 10:19:29 am »
not exactly true - even if it light up a little, you still can attack. But just a little bit more - you can't. And the border is unclear.