Author Topic: Optimising a bleed build  (Read 1942 times)

SharpeShaver

• Noob
    • View Profile
Optimising a bleed build
« on: September 17, 2019, 11:45:18 pm »
Obviously specializing in a mechanic that only works on certain enemy types isn't the optimal choice but neither is running a throwing build and we've seen people min-max throwing still, squeezing out as much power as they can within the constraints of using throwing as your primary damage source. I'm interested in doing something similar for bleeding wounds as a build theme. So far I've been playing with the idea of using an smg via versatility to stack bleed for eviscerate (the dagger feat that scales with bleed) with a high con build to make sticking around in combat long enough to get enough bleed stacks but I'm honestly not that adept at the game mechanics to say if that's the best way to go about this. Has anyone else tried a play-through with bleed as a build focus or does anyone have any advice for how to maximize the effectiveness of the build?

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Optimising a bleed build
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 07:36:09 am »
Imo, you got to go with Vile Weaponry, and Taste for Blood for a serious bleeding character. (That rules out SMG shrapnel bullets, as they do not work with Vile Weaponry.)

So, serrated knives, liberal use of bear traps, this means high dex melee build. Quick Tinkering is a must. Possibly Versatility and an Xbow with bleeding bolts? Also possibly a lightweight bladed metal armor? That requires high STR, but it is not bad to up the base knife damage for a bleed build, although you spend many ability points.

I vest into throwing skill and crowd control like throwing nets and flashbangs, to immobilize and incapacitate while the blood flows, perhaps.