Author Topic: Ray's Shop Bug(s)  (Read 2854 times)

VStraken

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Ray's Shop Bug(s)
« on: September 25, 2019, 07:27:08 am »
I've noticed 2 (perhaps technically 1) bug involving the jet skis in Ray's shop:

1) The cameras don't recognize removal of parts from the jet skis as theft. Gib does, but as soon as he's out of sight you're free to take any of the parts out of any of the jet skis. Other actions such as attempting to enter/hotwire the jet skis, the cameras behave as intended.

2) Ray adjusts his sale prices for jet skis that have had their parts stripped/replaced. Probably not a bug given that when you sell a jet ski to Ray, the price adjusts accordingly to the prices of parts inside the jet ski.

Apropos of nothing, in my game Ray is possessed of a bunch of fancy but non-functional skis, and I have gotten over my buyer's regret of getting the Devastator and replacing it with an unusually cheap and part-less Glow that I proceeded to stuff with high-quality parts that I got for free.

Jokes aside, I've had the game since before release and I'm glad to have bought it and seen how far its gotten since then, I'm on the verge of my first thorough and successful play-through. Keep up the good work!

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Ray's Shop Bug(s)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 11:02:59 am »
Fixed no.1 for the next update. The other one is not a bug.

Jokes aside, I've had the game since before release and I'm glad to have bought it and seen how far its gotten since then, I'm on the verge of my first thorough and successful play-through. Keep up the good work!
Thanks. Glad you're having fun with it.

Duskmare

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 12:40:56 pm »
Also have some bugs with Ray's shop but very different.

1. The thief dialogue doesn't trigger. I've stolen the money out Ray's desk and pretty much everything in any other container that's not watched by cameras. Also found the guy you can accuse. Still no dialogue.

2. Can buy and sell the devastator to Ray for 2000 coin profit with the max mercantile checks.

As another note, the cameras are picking up when I try to remove parts from vehicles.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 01:26:16 pm »
Also have some bugs with Ray's shop but very different.

1. The thief dialogue doesn't trigger. I've stolen the money out Ray's desk and pretty much everything in any other container that's not watched by cameras. Also found the guy you can accuse. Still no dialogue.

2. Can buy and sell the devastator to Ray for 2000 coin profit with the max mercantile checks.

As another note, the cameras are picking up when I try to remove parts from vehicles.

1. When you say you've stolen things from him, was that while breaking into his shop or after he and Gib returned, and if former, how exactly did you get inside and did you lock/close anything behind you? In any case I've added a few extra checks in the code that evaluates whether you've broken into the shop.

2. Someone on Steam reported this recently and it's already been fixed. :)

Duskmare

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 01:33:21 pm »
1. When you say you've stolen things from him, was that while breaking into his shop or after he and Gib returned, and if former, how exactly did you get inside and did you lock/close anything behind you? In any case I've added a few extra checks in the code that evaluates whether you've broken into the shop.

2. Someone on Steam reported this recently and it's already been fixed. :)

Hmm, I didn't realise they ever left the shop, haha. If it's something you have to trigger before going on the expedition then that might be what it was, rather than a bug. Essentially I'd gone on the expedition with Aegis, came back, told him I wanted to look at the expensive skis so that he walked into the other part of the shop, stole everything in his office and then everything in the supply area around the corner. Later I was exploring the abandoned building next to the shop and found the secret grate, went through there, found the crushed man (and a cat), found the exit to ray's shop. Unlocked all the grates then googled what the crushed man was related to because I was sure I had done just about everything.

Oh and glad the other one is already fixed!

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 02:05:04 pm »
If it's something you have to trigger before going on the expedition then that might be what it was, rather than a bug.

Pretty much, yeah. The shop is empty until you go to the Black Sea, so you've got the opportunity to go in and loot, and once Ray comes back he notices unlocked doors/that things are missing and such. But everything that happens afterwards is handled solely by the in-game mechanics, as NPCs in our game don't react to theft in such a complex way as was scripted for this particular event, and expanding on that would require extra scripting and dialog variations, naturally. And we have to draw the line somewhere.

Duskmare

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 05:15:13 pm »
If it's something you have to trigger before going on the expedition then that might be what it was, rather than a bug.

Pretty much, yeah. The shop is empty until you go to the Black Sea, so you've got the opportunity to go in and loot, and once Ray comes back he notices unlocked doors/that things are missing and such. But everything that happens afterwards is handled solely by the in-game mechanics, as NPCs in our game don't react to theft in such a complex way as was scripted for this particular event, and expanding on that would require extra scripting and dialog variations, naturally. And we have to draw the line somewhere.

Ah fair enough then. I thought it was simply tied to the money in his desk being taken since it's the most valuable thing there at about 400 coins. I'll be sure to rob him blind the right way next playthrough. :P

Nawj

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 11:45:40 pm »
All I can say is I'm glad that my gog version of Underrail hasn't updated yet, because I can't imagine actually saving up enough money to buy any of the high end jet skis at full price without lowering their value via theft. The amount of time the loot juggling and running a circuit to every single merchant in the game trying to hit the timing of refreshes and hoping they are willing to buy what I'm selling is enough to drive me to drink.

I love this game, otherwise I wouldn't have over 200 hours in it, but man does saving up a fat stack of charons take a lot of effort.