Author Topic: Spear energy pistol build, would this build be viable?  (Read 1634 times)

nosaM

Spear energy pistol build, would this build be viable?
« on: December 02, 2019, 10:53:52 pm »
I mostly play on normal, but I'm thinking of starting a build on hard this time around. Here is what I think it should be like by level 12

http://underrail.info.tm/build/?DAcFCgUGAwdGAABGRkYAAAAAAEZGAEZGAAAAAAAAAAE5JMKSwpRBwpNH378

Not sure if the link works right, if it does not tell me how I should get it to work. I think the build would be viable for normal and maybe hard. Anyway I think the build would be fun. Dropped con to 5 and will to 3 so I could get agility to 10 and get blitz.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 12:02:15 am by nosaM »

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Spear energy pistol build, would this build be viable?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 11:10:31 pm »
One thing you can do is take advantage of the Versatility feat. If you specialize in it, that would be 80 % of main combat skill to secondary combat skill.

Usually you want to mix and match weapons that benefit off from each other. Like ,for example, mixing high Dex fist melee and Energy weapons, or high Str melee and shotguns and ARs. If you use Versatility in this case both combat skills will end up higher than what you have with your build.

Not saying that you must do any of that, only that you could(...and probably should...).

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Spear energy pistol build, would this build be viable?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 11:18:09 pm »
You could go max dex (18+), pick versatility, and enjoyed high melee crit, very low pistol AP consumption, and equal to 14 PER Gun skills. Although you won't be able to pick most of Gun feat, since it usually need PER, but for Energy pistol, you just need Practical Physicist to adds more oomph. Also, i recommend going max throwing + Three Pointer if you could fit skill point, it's super strong on max dex build, although optimally, you also want to put 112 effective Chemistry for grenade MKV, which could melts anything when the crit proc