Author Topic: Undocumented quest early on in the game that i can't finish.  (Read 2897 times)

Snakeynaut

• Noob
    • View Profile
Undocumented quest early on in the game that i can't finish.
« on: December 24, 2019, 09:14:13 am »
I've recently had to abandon my old playthrough because of its trash build and start a new one. Through this new playthrough i saw a dead body in the operating room of SGS early on in the game. Upon convincing pasquale to let me inspect it the game informs me that the body died withing six hours and it has a ring  mark on its finger. After that i talk to malcom who tells me the body came from mushroom cove. Then a quest note appeared in my journal that asks me to investigate the dead body. However, searching mushroom cove and the area around it yields no success. I've scoured the underrail wiki, forum and let's play videos to figure out how to complete this quest, but it is as if no one else has encountered this quest online. (Or im just really stupid and overlooking something). If anyone remembers how to finish this quest please tell so i can get it over with.

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Undocumented quest early on in the game that i can't finish.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 12:58:37 pm »
Credit to Destroyor at Steam Discussion page
"I guess you already talked to the doctor and have permission to examine the corpse? You can talk to Malcolm (the door guard for mushroom cave exit) for a bit more info.

Once you finished GMS quest you can talk to Kareem, Junkyard food vendor and he'll tell you something about going south, which is pretty much the dungeon mentioned below:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/underrail-the-incline-awakens.105387/page-498#post-6464122

Once you beat the mini-boss there you'll get a gold ring w/ initial JR
 to conclude the quest, you need to wait for someone to show up drinking at Kareem's bar @ Junkyard. You can give or sell the gold ring to him.

Snakeynaut

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Undocumented quest early on in the game that i can't finish.
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2019, 01:31:12 am »
Oh shit so you have to go to junkyard?! Alright thank you so much man i've been rattling my head over this quest for the past 2 days, thinking i have to keep exploring the caves around SGS to figure it out.

Ty