Author Topic: Just bought the game. Blown away. My ideas in what to add. Congrats Styg!  (Read 10222 times)

Tyutyu

• Noob
    • View Profile
I would like to express my best wishes too. Im not the kind of person that likes to pay for PC games (because I feel they dont provide for their cost), but I happily say that I now have 1 more original game in my tiny (Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Mechcommander Gold, Mechwarrior 4, Blitzkrieg 2) collection: Underrail 1.8  :)

I hope this means as much to you Styg as it does to me. Your game may be unfinished and unpolished, but its atmosphere is on steroids already. You did what Bethesda failed to do with their great looking but in the end pure garbage Fallout 3. This is proof that a huge budget is useless if there is no Genius (yes Im pointing at you Styg) behind it.

I hope my little contribution of buying the alpha will add up with others contribution, so you can reach a state for Underrail, that you will consider finished.

Little things I love about the game already:
-The color of everything. you just nailed it. The lighting is great. The blinking neons are awesome.
-Ventilations shafts!!! EPIC. Just epic. Its like makeup on an already hot chick ;)
-Music is very good. Maybe add some instruments like some of Fallouts OST?
-Robots!!! Give me more robots! The little remote control car sentry bot with its flashbang grenade is awesome. I want more :)
-Bunker like dungeons! Your GMS compound is similar to Fallout 2 Sierra Army Depot area. I want more of these type of places with stories to unfold (Dropped notepads and  Finding an eye to get past a retina scanner for example)
-The visible armor and weapon types. Great stuff.

Little things I would love to see in Underrail (or any other similar game):
-Flooded (just 1 feet deep so you dont need a new animation for it) caves/bunkers/dungeons (example GMS compund), where your Perception skill can help find stuff in the water just like it help to find trap doors now. Maybe a critter that looks like an alligator or something similar, patrolling the water.
-The use of ropes to access lower ground and back (Aka Fallout)
-Dogs. It would be cool to have a big dog (Hungarian Komondor or Yugoslavian Sarplaninac) that you could train (set his behavior) not to run into autoturrets and enemy raiders with rifles. They could add a bonus to your detection (Traps, chemicals, hidden raiders etc.)
-Primitive tribal npc's (Friendly or unfriendly aka fallout), who lived so many years locked away from other underground stations, that they forgot technology, but they sit on a goldmine of technology (Bunker/Dungeon aka fallout tactics mission 3 or 4(?))
-Area/bunker entrance that you can only open with a field gun or a tank gun (find ammo for it) aka fallout 2 Sierra Army Depo quest.
-I would love to see broken (unusable) vehicles purpose build for underground mining(etc) or a bunker with a garage where a tank is standing on a heavy duty elevator pad (in bad shape waiting to be repaired (Quest? :D). You could then have an option (mechanics) to strip some wrecks to repair others for quest or just so you could sell items to traders. Mechanics skill and tools you have would set what you can and cannot extract from a wreck.
-Outdoor quests that resemble the METRO games. You need breathing and Nuclear-Biological protection gear.
-More refined conversation options where every line you chose can lead to different NPC reactions. I feel that at the moment THIS is the Achiles Tendon of the game. Communication seems too simple for me (and I have seen others post the same in other forum posts)

Im still full of ideas but I understand that you yourself must have a tone planned already and all this I have mentioned above is time consuming to do.

Pardon me for requesting so many Fallouty stuff but I feel that Underrail has so much great stuff that Fallout did not (Ventilation shafts, Great crafting system, psi) that I feel that implementing more Fallouty stuff (quest ideas mainly that I wrote above) will not decrease, but increase Underrails potential.

My best wishes to you Styg and anybody helping you with Underrail.

Cheers

Andy the robot/mech nut
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 07:14:11 am by Tyutyu »

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
As far as I remember Styg said that there won't be any outdoor quests - but the new zone, Deep Caverns is coming, with more dangerous wildlife, toxic environments and dangerous traps ;). Underrail is trying it's best to become something different - and while making few cameos from Fallout games would be a nice touch I do think that it should keep the orginality we all love. Just my two cents ;).

deathknight1728

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
It says that this game will be released in 2nd half of 2013. Is that soon? I cant wait to play this.

joejoefine

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Just bought the game. Blown away. My ideas in what to add. Congrats Styg!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 10:22:57 pm »
Yeah exploring those deep areas where you had advanced pre-war tech was one of the most fascinating parts of Fallout.  I loved all of those exploration missions, plus the lore you learned when going into the S.A.D. was pretty interesting (i.e. what led up to the war)