Author Topic: New Player, Help Appreciated!  (Read 2163 times)

Tubbs McNubbs

• Noob
    • View Profile
New Player, Help Appreciated!
« on: June 27, 2023, 07:27:17 pm »
Hello there! I've played a bit before a few years ago but never got far and was interested in giving it another go. I made it just past the bit with all the acid mutants with a build I made myself but really struggled the whole game through. I try looking up builds but I can never seem to find quite what I'm looking for.
Also, if a game has some type of magic in it, I always like to incorporate it in some way if possible.

So far what I'm interested in -
Heavy Tin Can with a Shotgun and with Grenades and/ or PSI (Psychokinesis probably). Just a real tank character that when he gets in range things die, but I know he'll be slow and soaking bullets.
OR
Something with the Riot Gear and Shield (just think it looks really neat), probably involving PSI as well. Maybe like a Melee/ PSI. I think Spears seem to benefit the Shield more than Swords but idk.

I plan on playing on Hard with Classic EXP system. Any feedback is appreciated!

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: New Player, Help Appreciated!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 07:44:18 pm »
My first advice is to really try to beat the game with your first homemade build before playing with someone elses builds.  If you like the game you'll replay it.

If I were to play a tincan shotty with psi, I'd probably go with TM so I could still move, as positioning is pretty important for shotties.  Psychokinesis wouldnt really help you much since shotties dont need stuns or more damage.  Riot + shield + spear is probably the worst build in the game, for many reasons.  Riot + shield is the worst armor type, though I agree it does look pretty cool.  Spear + metathermics is a good match.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Tubbs McNubbs

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 07:58:09 pm »
Ah that sucks to hear, I would have thought they would had buffed Riot Gear after all this time. Damn shame!

My first build was pretty atrocious, tried to do too much and stretched myself thin. Partly cause I'm not really sure what feats to take when. Or what feats are more worth it than others.

I'm also not super into the whole 'stealth everywhere and set traps all over the place' type of playstyle either.

Not really looking for a whole build really, just some pointers and key things to keep in mind.

Ederson

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 01:23:21 pm »
Hello there! I've played a bit before a few years ago but never got far and was interested in giving it another go. I made it just past the bit with all the acid mutants with a build I made myself but really struggled the whole game through. I try looking up builds but I can never seem to find quite what I'm looking for.
Also, if a game has some type of magic in it, I always like to incorporate it in some way if possible.

So far what I'm interested in -
Heavy Tin Can with a Shotgun and with Grenades and/ or PSI (Psychokinesis probably). Just a real tank character that when he gets in range things die, but I know he'll be slow and soaking bullets.
OR
Something with the Riot Gear and Shield (just think it looks really neat), probably involving PSI as well. Maybe like a Melee/ PSI. I think Spears seem to benefit the Shield more than Swords but idk.

I plan on playing on Hard with Classic EXP system. Any feedback is appreciated!

Well, afaik, every single character seems to benefit from TM up to the point it becomes boring repearing it always.The heavy tincan shotty seems good. Since it will need 8-9 strength anyway could as well use combat shotguns. For psi I'd leave it at 3 will and level up only TM to 55 for LTI or into 70 for Stasis. Grenades work perfectly fine into this build.