Author Topic: Shotguns/Knives Build with great PSI  (Read 1436 times)

markkram

• Noob
    • View Profile
Shotguns/Knives Build with great PSI
« on: August 16, 2023, 07:06:12 am »
I was thinking to try a run with a mix build specialized in using throwing knives or shotguns and psi. Any suggestion? At the moment I'm using as a guideline these two builds:

What about the technology skills, which are really important and which can be avoided if one has enough mercantile?

This would be the draft of my start build: h-t-t-p-s://underrail.info/build/?AQMDCQYECQYAAAAAAAAADwAAAA8PBwgPDwAADwAADysow4w5378

It seems that the Zoom & Boom build invests much later in throwing and guns - isn't this a bad choice? I mean does it make any sense starting to get good with guns so much later in the game if the build is ought to be based on "agile shotguns" play? And isn't throwing very useful because of grenades and the like?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 07:30:56 am by markkram »

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Shotguns/Knives Build with great PSI
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 08:44:35 pm »
Shotgun + TM is a very solid build.
This is a variant I used myself: https://underrail.info/build/?HgUFDQMLAwbCoHQAAADCoDBLLAAAbnYNJGUAAADCoAAATDkxwrAewpbCj8KQwpjCh0ckGSrCiMKlwqTCtcKtK8OM4qeWBeKzrAXit7AF378 (feel free to adjust non-combat skills to your liking, it's a bit overoptimized here with the tattoo)
Could beat everything in the game on DOM. Low Intelligence builds are kind of crap unless you already have a good grip on the game.

You should max your primary damage skill (psi or guns) every level. Throwing is nice but it is optional.
Valor's favorite poster