Author Topic: Merchant inventories  (Read 2466 times)

GawainBS

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Merchant inventories
« on: January 27, 2020, 12:00:58 pm »
Hey everybody,

How & when do they respawn? When is it triggered? Is there a way to savescum it?

I'm getting fed up with the trading system and the lack of money and especially, good items to buy, with the merchants...

Thanks in advance!

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Merchant inventories
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 10:56:02 pm »
Unless it has changed quite recently, inventory restocks every 90 minutes of real time that you aren't in the same screen with the merchant.  However, with the game speed acceleration ability, you can significantly cut that down, I think - you certainly could using CheatEngine to do the same thing.
As far as savescumming it, I dunno.  Styg has been pretty aggressive in reducing randomness in the game, for the last year or so.  I believe you can, but I also haven't tested it.  You could!  Just check a mechant inventory, then save, leave the screen, speed up the game, and go grocery shopping or cook dinner or take a walk or watch some TV or something.  Come back, see what's there.  Nothing you need?  Take a screenshot, reload your save, and repeat the process.  Take another screenshot, and compare the two.  I believe they'll be different.

GawainBS

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 02:08:38 pm »
Is that game speed accelaration ability part of Cheat Engine?

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 06:59:46 am »
It is.  And, lately, it's also built in to the game so you can speed up time and not have to resort to learning/using Cheat Engine.  But, if you want to, CE does offer that.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 02:04:04 pm »
In game speed boost only goes up to x2, so the best way to speed up the game is with this since it automates the cheatengine stuff and it's less of a hassle, feel free to run virus scans on it but I never had any trouble https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2867.0

GawainBS

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 09:30:20 pm »
Thanks! This won't get me banned on Steam?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:36:24 pm by GawainBS »