Author Topic: Message for Developers  (Read 1609 times)

Minarai

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Message for Developers
« on: March 20, 2020, 07:40:44 pm »
I want to vent out and that's what this message is all about. First of all you've created an awesome RPG full of the things that I like, character building, challenging fights and an interesting world to explore and then you ruined it all, forcing players to spend 100 of IRL hours trying to sell their crap, hunt for supplies, running from one dumpster to another, which are used as a bastardized storing space and gamble for super steel. Approximately every 1.5 hour this merchant marathon begins and takes for quite a while. Now let me tell you something, nobody likes your game for that, nobody likes grinding in any game, grinding ruins games and your game isn't an exception. FYI https://steamcommunity.com/id/MorriganRoth/recommended/250520?tscn=1515273184.. I mean,like, give the players access to these three windows, accessible when there're no enemies around:

1. Global Market, where all known merchant's stocks are pooled together. No need to run through countless game screens to visit hundreds of shopkeeps. Put super steel in here, because nobody likes to play the lottery for it and constantly go to the guy in the middle of nowhere.
2. Storage Space, where you can unload your stuff for later use, the items you bought appear here as well as the money your accountant got for selling your stuff.
3. "To sell" window, where you can unload the crap for your accountant to sell, because you have better things to do.

Instead we have to deal with the current shopping grindmare, which is a gamebreaker for me. So good job, creating an awesome RPG and then turning it into a grindy merchant simulator.

Thank you for your time.   

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Message for Developers
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 08:53:20 pm »
forcing players to spend 100 of IRL hours trying to sell their crap, hunt for supplies, running from one dumpster to another, which are used as a bastardized storing space and gamble for super steel.
There's no need to be that OCD about loot in UnderRail.  None of the money sinks are necessary - Super Steel is quality capped at 160 so even if you do get the best, it's only barely better than a 170+ quality other thing, which is easily attainable.  Your house?  No need to do anything with it, it's purely cosmetic.  Jet skis?  You get free jet skis that are absolutely good enough, and you have options at your disposal to acquire others at the mere cost of overwhelming violence.

The economy is only punishing enough so that those who want to get the best of everything have to work for it.  If you want to get through the game, the quest rewards and world loot drops will be everything you could possibly need, and then more.  UnderRail isn't a Bethesda game, it's not a multiplayer shooter.  There are no fancy hats to grind for; no need to farm dragons to make glowy armor.  Everything you need to comfortably get through the game is there.  If you're mired in the economy, that's a trap of your own making.  Get out.

Minarai

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 01:58:47 pm »
I don't want him to be caught in the crossfire so, the guy who wrote the steam review isn't me, I just brought him up as an example. This thread is all about me venting out my frustration, that Underrail doesn't work the way I see fit i.e. doesn't have fast travel and has grindy shopping system. I don't want you to waste your time trying to convince me otherwise or attack me. I already got what I came for, I screamed my lungs out and now feel completely satisfied. Thank you everyone and sorry if you had to waste your time replying to this post.

Black Angel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 03:00:57 pm »
What a weak-minded individual to not be able to defend his own words or be open to suggestions. But in case someone else who knows nothing about the game sees this:
 1.) The game HAS fast travel system, aka the trains, the boats, and with the DLC updates, some form of fast travel that I can't spoil because you really need to find it by yourself.
 2.) The trading system is there so you can cure your degenerate gameplay mindset of taking literally everything that's not nailed to the floors and the walls. I see that OP is a new guy, but years ago someone was so obsessive with wanting to get rid of the current trading system that Styg made a mockery of him in form of Al Fabet. Think about it, you DON'T really need to sell EVERYTHING, and if you pay attention you can get filthy rich from simply selling stuff with high value *and* low weight. Or you can even exploit the crafting system to create expensive stuff and sell it at premium.

Godharvest

• Probably not a Spambot
  • United Station's Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 06:04:20 pm »
Umm, i like grinding when done right. Since i have 300 hours put into this, the grind  is done right so thus i enjoy it. So saying that NO ONE likes grinding in any game and it ruins games is speaking for yourself, Not for me lol.
Andrew Tyler Egizi