Author Topic: Rate My --Jedi-- Build  (Read 2883 times)

kamax3

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Rate My --Jedi-- Build
« on: April 23, 2020, 02:01:27 am »
Going into my 2nd playthrough and looking for some feedback on my Jedi build (currently lvl 5): https://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgUOCgMDBQYAAADCoMKgwqBCAEgAHsKMWhUWwokAwo4AUAAAACskOTHCjAwGEw8SS8KHXCpHQcKxdeKeiAXinqYC4p-EAeKhuAXisokC378

I'm obviously using psionics, but didn't opt for high will/int or Force User perk since I'm using psi mainly for support, and felt better served with high Agi/Dex. For anyone that played Knights of the Old Republic, I'm going for more of a Jedi Warrior build rather than Jedi Disciple. Knowing how insane this game's difficulty is I'm opting to take dodge/evasion perks early on. I took deflection early because I plan to switch to my "unarmed" offhand between rounds... will that work? lol

One thing I wasn't sure about for sword users was the order of perk section between Cheap Shots, Critical Power, Ripper and Onslaught. Obviously they all have amazing synergy, but in what order would you rank them? I went Cheap Shots -> Crit Power -> Ripper, and (opted not to take Onslaught, since seems like it could leave you in the cold when you miss...). I definitely could be wrong, looking for opinions.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 02:11:15 am by kamax3 »

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Rate My --Jedi-- Build
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 10:17:03 pm »
You're about 20 points overinvested in Lockpicking, 15 in Mechanics, and 10 in Tailoring.  I also don't see a reason to go 80 points into a psi discipline; 80 is support-tier, so may as well take back 10 skill points from Temporal Manipulation.  Finally, if you really do intend to use psychokinesis as support, you can pull it back down to 45 or 70.  Since you're not taking Force User, your TK Punch isn't going to be all that impressive, so either just get the electro trap, or pick up Implosion and the Proxy.

That would free up a bunch of skill points so you could improve your overall utility.  A bit more Biology and you could make some nice drugs for when you need a little something extra.  Maybe pick up some world manipulation, like Hacking or Persuasion or Mercantile if you felt like it.

Take Premeditation much earlier, preferably at level 6.  You can either drop Fancy Footwork entirely, or push it forward in the list so you can get your more direct-damage feats like Critical Power on schedule.

kamax3

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 09:58:49 pm »
Ok, makes sense. Definitely good advice on dropping fancy footwork. With 10-12 Agi and sprint, I'm starting to realize I wont need it.

kamax3

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 05:28:54 pm »
Updated build for any young padawans interested -  https://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgUMCgMDBwYAAADCoMKgwqBCACcAFcKBawgRwoEAwo4ARkgAACQ5KzHCjMKZBkEqEhRLZ1zCh8KxdHXin4QB4qG4BeKyiAXisokC378

Ended up dropping Dex a bit to bump Will in order to take Force User. Rearranged a few skill points to pick up Persuasion (not being able to persuade anyone doesn't really vibe with the whole "jedi mind trick" mentality...). Dropped Evasive Maneuvers and Fancy Footwork since Dodge/Evasion bonuses are capped anyways (tooltip on that one Styg?). Also dropped Blitz since its not good. Picked up Premeditation early, PsycostaticElectricity, and Expert Dodge for that true untouchable Jedi feel.

Playing on normal but Level 19 so far and feeling untouchable. Got through Arena without taking dmg until Carnifex (beat him 1st attempt)...  :-X
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 05:32:05 pm by kamax3 »