Author Topic: Are there deep caverns near the black sea?  (Read 1456 times)

nosaM

Are there deep caverns near the black sea?
« on: May 30, 2020, 03:35:21 pm »
I noticed that there is wind in this map, you know the spot past the creeper nest. I'd rather face an army of acid hounds then fight these hellish bootleg crawlers. Anyway there is a abyss here, and these usually lead to the deep caverns.

Also I'm not saying below the black sea because the black sea is very deep. And a place under a certain area is probably the deepest point in all of underrail.

Also you need to login to see attachments for some reason.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Are there deep caverns near the black sea?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 05:33:10 pm »
I was going to mention that spot when I opened the thread.
*eurobeat intensifies*

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 12:52:55 am »
It's possible, but that doesn't necessarily mean that drop will lead down to Hollow Earth. If you think about the first time we enter Deep Caverns, in approximately the south-west corner of Hollow Earth, that would put the entire facility somewhere between the Institute and Core, straight down.

So that abyss you see from the edge of the creeper's nest might be somewhere over the eastern side of Deep Caverns, or perhaps an unseen section of the caverns. There are lots of destroyed archways scattered around Deep Caverns, hinting at places we are told of in records but can't physically visit anymore, such as Tartarus. Who knows? That drop in the Black Sea could even connect up to the Faceless City.

I've tried to think of a way to accurately estimate depth in UnderRail, and I haven't been able to find a good one. The ambiguity in the length of the elevator rides is the main issue. Relating two places that aren't on the same elevation seems to be guesswork.

Arclight

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 02:35:37 pm »
Always wondered, after doing-in the boss from Deep Caverns, you get the elevator back up, but, can you use it again to go back down into DC?

nosaM

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 02:46:15 pm »
but, can you use it again to go back down into DC?

Yes you can use it to go back down.