Author Topic: Psi Sniper/Shotgun - Traps vs Metathermics  (Read 2893 times)

erikpontii

• Noob
    • View Profile
Psi Sniper/Shotgun - Traps vs Metathermics
« on: June 10, 2020, 03:33:53 pm »
Hi,
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgUGBgMQAwfCoCgAAAAAbmEeAEdgYFcuYAAtAEtsAEMkKDF_ATkWNTPCtcKkfisqwofCsEvCmN-_

That is the current build I've lined out for myself. I'm weighing my options and would appreciate any input.
- Drop traps completely and put points into metathermics for Thermodynamic Destabilization instead.
- Leave build as is.
- Drop shotgun perks, move point from int to dexterity to pick up quick tinkering and trap expert.

Which do you think would be the strongest for a psi sniper?
Would appreciate any suggestions and feedback.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Psi Sniper/Shotgun - Traps vs Metathermics
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 06:15:53 pm »
I'd pull 20 points each out of Hacking and Chemistry, 5 out of Temporal Manipulation, and either leave Tailoring as it is (if you plan to use leather armor primarily) or take 10 points out of there (if you plan to wear medium armor primarily).  Then I'd probably add 20 points to Lockpicking for more loots, and dump the rest into Metathermics.  You want the "strongest" choice for a psi sniper, you should be making use of ThermoD.  Sure, you've got grenades but when they're all on cooldown it's nice to have another AoE at your disposal, especially if you aren't carrying burst-capable sidearms.

l0cus77

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 06:23:49 pm »
Imo if you feel starved for points, I would drop persuasion, specially with will 3 (previous post also has nice tips on points optimization). Also I think pistol is probably a better sidearm for sniper. And finally if you want to go psy sniper, you really want to squeeze in thermoD.

Trap expert is a total waste, but QT is really nice to have. If you have 7 int, go for the battery perk, it is really useful.

Personal preference anyway.

erikpontii

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 06:25:01 pm »
Thanks for the reply.
Do you think I should drop traps completely?
What about putting a point in dexterity for escape artist?

l0cus77

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 06:59:05 pm »
Traps are definitely great, but you do not need a big investment in them to use. Stealth and QT makes early game really easy even on dominating just with bear traps. I think if you really want to go that route totally consider getting an extra point in Dex and grab QT. About escape artist, for melee is kind of mandatory, for a sniper probably not, but if you have already the 7 dex and the free spot for the perk, go for it. You can always test it (it is in expedition that shines) and if you think is not worth it get a pre lvl save.