Author Topic: Damn you sseth you played me like a damn fiddle.  (Read 2479 times)

slyguy65

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Damn you sseth you played me like a damn fiddle.
« on: June 21, 2020, 03:56:43 pm »
So, I legit bought this game due to the hype and intrigue built up by that youtube video.
Now, after beating the DLC, all I can say is, what a fucking snake oil salesman.
The main story is vastly more interesting than the DLC, the DLC is so straight forward its laughable. You go, get the thing either give it to the people who want it as planned, or sell/give it to a faction you like. No big set piece or anything.

*SPOILERS*
Its literally just a warhammer 40k STC, that's it. Being a pretty big lore nerd for 40k this was such a let down. Compared to the faceless, and trchort. A simple STC clone was meh. Not to mention the giant serpent is never shown, and the shadowlith was so underwhelming it literally only messes with you in that single room. Maybe if that shadowlith had say made you rush out of the station, then perhaps cause the giant serpent to go crazy requiring some multistage boss fight. That would have been epic. But nah, it was just a LOST level cloud monster that chases you out of a room cause you stole some warhammer 40k fan fiction. I feel straight up hoodwinked not gana lie.

I was REALLY expecting the giant serpent to have an "occulus" type moment with how the sub is all black screen, expecting it to reveal the scale of the serpent by unveiling it in a similar way occulus did in the main game. It felt so set up to do that but nah.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Damn you sseth you played me like a damn fiddle.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 04:46:16 pm »
lol gottem
*eurobeat intensifies*

slyguy65

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 05:00:11 pm »
Indeed, and here I was almost about to do coop outworld with a buddy even though he was at least more honest about the obvious cancer that game has. So I guess he is improving. Either way, it honestly does feel like he over sold the game; or atleast the DLC, saying how it "broke him". I think I understand now after playing for 150 hours. Though the DLC is not what broke me, it was the tedium the game pretends not to recognize but clearly has (merchants/loot/bad design on some things). The DLC was actually very hum drum and by the books, it was literally exactly what one would expect. Again I was REALLY surprised there was no big set piece when it felt very easily set up. Maybe due to lack of time or budget. Would be nice if the dev chimed in on the near anti climactic ending of the DLC but oh well.

Elite

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 08:17:40 pm »
Another casual brainlet bites the dust.

Arclight

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 12:13:30 am »
So tell us how you REALLY feel

Crows

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 07:37:50 pm »
So tell us how you REALLY feel

I kinda wish he'd settle down, to be honest - I feel like he's an exhausting person to be around.

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 02:42:09 am »
I don't think the DLC was meant to overshadow the base game's ending -- Tchort is still supposed to be the big bad final encounter the player character faces.  Expedition gives us way more context about that climactic moment.  It answers questions about the Supercorporations, Leviathans, Godmen, even Dude, while still leaving alot unexplained/up for interpretation.

If the player character went and had a knock-down drag-out with a fully-powered Leviathan before entering Deep Caverns (instead of unplugging the damn thing like we actually did), it would make Tchort seem like a pushover in comparison. In my view, Flottsormir represents a primal evil that's too stupid to crush you while it has the chance, whereas Tchort (like Six says..) is the embodiment of something that cannot be allowed to continue, since its a conglomerate of humanity's smartest minds along with this primal evil.

Why do you think the Lemurian Health Center was put in the game? To introduce us to the varying shades of Leviathan that are possible. In the Black Sea we first find the effects of mutagen (Mutie Island) then mutagen + scientists (Health Center mini-Tchort) and finally we investigate full-on Leviathan. The only thing not seen in Expedition is all THREE of these mixed into one, hence climactic moment with Tchort.

`louse`

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 12:49:36 pm »
The main story is vastly more interesting than the DLC, the DLC is so straight forward its laughable. You go, get the thing either give it to the people who want it as planned, or sell/give it to a faction you like. No big set piece or anything.
First, it is DLC and it is smaller in volume from the original and secondly, it always happens when the graphic component is put above the plot component.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 12:51:41 pm by `louse` »