Author Topic: How to get "Meet Azif"? (Spoilers)  (Read 6570 times)

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: How to get "Meet Azif"? (Spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2019, 06:12:54 pm »
I don't even know that quest exist lol
You could just skip it, it's just small side quest that doesn't affect anything in the future.
Well that's completely untrue.  That innocuous little side quest opens up a huge piece of UnderRail lore, gives you access to more quests, and gets you access to two very high-quality vendors that you can't access any other way.  It isn't necessary to beat the game, of course, but it certainly has significant effects.

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2019, 07:52:48 pm »
Is it actually opens up Jack shop or something? I never did that quest, and I'm able to join occulus just fine

Postnihilist

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2020, 07:35:21 pm »
"Ohad Xander : Do not talk to the mechant after you bought/stole the hercules sample, mainly do not tell him you have the results. How you distribute the message does not matter.
Lenox Pierce : Do not confront Morde yourself, not ask him about anything for that matter. Best is to skip him completely so you do not make a misstep. You do not need his insignia. Remember to check medical inventory to notice the needle is missing.
Everad's Assignment : Diplomatic route ofc, and ask Todor also about if he talked. Then tell Everad you are sure he did not."

This is fucking ridiculous. There are so often hidden conditions in dozens of quests, which severely impact your playthrough. I just want to get to fucking Oculus. But oooooh noooo.

Listen, the problem is that the ONLY reason I know I did anything wrong is by going online. Jack did not complain about my performance in any mission. None of the characters involved in his missions complained about my performance. There is nothing within the game to indicate I made a mistake. I could play the game through 20 times and never discover Oculus just because the fucking game system doesn't - even slightly, not at all - flag how to get this result of "Meet Azif". I guess some people think it's cute when a game gates its content until you've played for over 1000 hours, but I personally don't find that fucking charming. Railroading player quests is not necessary (ironically), but SOME damn indication of where you missed important content would be... an improvement on the current game. It would make it better.

There's enough about the deepcaves online already. But the consensus that it's shit is accurate.