Author Topic: Dude/The Juice softlock?  (Read 1883 times)

daeikar

• Noob
    • View Profile
Dude/The Juice softlock?
« on: August 07, 2019, 11:47:00 am »
Maybe it's intentional, but I used my Juice outside of Dude's cave house, and while I found some rifts, I no longer have a way of obtaining more Juice on this character. I had thought Dude would end up selling more, or the blueprint. I've been trying to avoid any sort of spoilers, but from my understanding you get the blueprint only after using the Juice and the rift in THAT specific area.
I just find it curious that you can attune to other rifts and use them with that first dose, but are subsequently locked out of them forever if you're a dummy like me and didn't immediately use the Juice upon receiving it.

acodem

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Dude/The Juice softlock?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 06:33:41 pm »
This is really a shame. I got the same, accidently drank the Juice, and left, second sight buff dropped, and after came back, rift cannot be opened, no option to make another Juice, or get blueprint, Dude keeps barking "Keep searching, man.", can't continue the quest to the Gray Army Base, and locked out from dealing Magnar, because I can't target him in his void/smoke/spirit form.
I didn't care it for first, gray army quest locked out right, not a problem, but there is no warning at that point, you should really do the quest, you will need that Juice at later stage at Magnar.
There should be at least option to make more Juice, before you attune the rift to Gray Army base, so you can waste Juice, not just something like a nooblockout.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 06:42:38 pm by acodem »

boogybuggy

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 04:03:15 am »
same problem.  Used juice later, now can't get any more.  Dude just says keep on searchin.  Found some incomplete advice about replacing a savegame, but can't find any specific details.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 08:08:23 pm »
There's a way to salvage the game but it'll be long:

1) Get the juice using another char or the same char using a save before you started dude's quest
2) Use the duplication and item transfer cheat from https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843557165 and deliver a new bottle of juice
3) continue as usual
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 09:51:48 pm by destroyor »

Elite

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 01:58:19 pm »
Maybe dude should get a dialogue telling the player they need to go through the rift now, or just some way to let them know that they are only getting that one bottle of juice until they come back from the rift.