Author Topic: New Stygian Software Developer  (Read 5232 times)

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: New Stygian Software Developer
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2020, 11:01:04 am »
As I'm particularly working on new levels (dungeons and random encounters) and some minor characters, all feedback in regards to those would be appreciated. Things that you don't like or find weird. Are the encounters too hard for the difficulty you are playing on, etc.

I will keep that in mind, thank you. I haven't played this game on anything else than DOMINATING for years now so I usually know what to bring, i.e., electric resistance for coil spiders, ect. The gist of that is I'm probably not the best person to give feedback on the difficulty of the game.

Anyways, glad to see the Underrail team is expanding yet again :)

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2020, 11:36:31 pm »
I just finished up the new abandoned waterway facility today.  Gotta say, it was a lot of fun, but I wish I had got the pirate naval combat feat first (I'm going to get it eventually) and I wish I had known how FREAKING GIGANTIC the dungeon is; I brought plenty of stuff with me and still ran out about halfway through.  It's good to have a jetski dungeon; that was real nice.  New dangers, new enemies, new items, new oddities, ability checks, all good.  The loot is too good, imo, but I think the enemies are all pretty high level and good lord there's tons of them, so whatever.  Kinda confused by the lowdown subterranean stuff, if you get what I'm saying.  Overall, very good stuff. 

I always wanted to go inside that building next to our house, and it was a fun experience as well.  Not difficult, but still a nice unique little quest.  Kinda neat breaking into (even with permission) a semi-abandoned law office; felt odd given the setting but I liked it.  Haven't figured out that door in the basement yet, if it's anything, but I have an idea still left to try.

Haven't seen the other stuff yet, except for a handful of abandoned jetskis to loot.   
*eurobeat intensifies*

Yogimanz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2020, 12:39:49 pm »
I just finished up the new abandoned waterway facility today.  Gotta say, it was a lot of fun, but I wish I had got the pirate naval combat feat first (I'm going to get it eventually) and I wish I had known how FREAKING GIGANTIC the dungeon is; I brought plenty of stuff with me and still ran out about halfway through.  It's good to have a jetski dungeon; that was real nice.  New dangers, new enemies, new items, new oddities, ability checks, all good.  The loot is too good, imo, but I think the enemies are all pretty high level and good lord there's tons of them, so whatever.  Kinda confused by the lowdown subterranean stuff, if you get what I'm saying.  Overall, very good stuff. 

I always wanted to go inside that building next to our house, and it was a fun experience as well.  Not difficult, but still a nice unique little quest.  Kinda neat breaking into (even with permission) a semi-abandoned law office; felt odd given the setting but I liked it.  Haven't figured out that door in the basement yet, if it's anything, but I have an idea still left to try.

Haven't seen the other stuff yet, except for a handful of abandoned jetskis to loot.

Thanks for the feedback. Regarding the subterranean stuff, even during the internal testing, we did notice that it was a tad bit too much (nigh instant kill, which we try to avoid). It's main purpose was to provide different paths for players coming in with different jetskis. We have another solution in mind for them.

Time to see whether you are in the Styg camp or in the Stef camp. ;)

Godman or Godmen (singular)?

That's a tough one, hmm... New times bring us some new ideas, rules and... other things. How about Godpeople?  ;)

Lotaeri

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2020, 03:40:19 pm »
Hey Yogimanz,

I dislike plugging my youtube channel (I dislike shilling) but I figured you may want to watch someone explore the new dungeon (or what I think is the new dungeon) and figure things out. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayv_tlbuCb8&list=PL9bRdWouNEWR7m0qu4q2rgjNihkZAKOte&index=128

At about the 44:00 minute mark I manage to locate the entrance to what I think is it (the waterways behind depot A) unless that area has always been there and I never noticed it before.  The last part of the exploration should be uploaded tomorrow.  Overall - I loved the location and the jumping jetski mechanics.  The area felt like it belonged there too - and I liked the tie in with the Biocorp Undernavy.  It actually managed to kill my main character as well when I bumped into a patrolling greater coil spider.  Good times!

Yogimanz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2020, 10:31:23 pm »
Hey Yogimanz,

I dislike plugging my youtube channel (I dislike shilling) but I figured you may want to watch someone explore the new dungeon (or what I think is the new dungeon) and figure things out. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayv_tlbuCb8&list=PL9bRdWouNEWR7m0qu4q2rgjNihkZAKOte&index=128

At about the 44:00 minute mark I manage to locate the entrance to what I think is it (the waterways behind depot A) unless that area has always been there and I never noticed it before.  The last part of the exploration should be uploaded tomorrow.  Overall - I loved the location and the jumping jetski mechanics.  The area felt like it belonged there too - and I liked the tie in with the Biocorp Undernavy.  It actually managed to kill my main character as well when I bumped into a patrolling greater coil spider.  Good times!

We are very excited to watch the content people create about our game. Personally I'm happy to see you've linked the videos that are indeed directly tied to the content I've worked on, and as such this is exactly the kind of feedback I like to see. It's quite a unique experience watching people play the content one makes. Honestly I didn't expect to see a playthrough of the new content this soon. There are a few minor details I've managed to spot that'll have to be adjusted and improved, thanks to the videos you've made and shared with us. I'm glad you've liked it so far. Can't wait to see how the adventure ends.

kamax3

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2020, 05:57:15 am »
Waterways was hardcore. Appropriately difficult as a late game dungeon imo, and a good time. Loved the difficulty and progression. I think the difficulty made me search for different ways/paths of tackling the encounters, since my first head-on attempts were usually not successful. I appreciated the Galvanic vests placed everywhere... gives players options to whip something up in a pinch without needing to head back to base (hint - you'll need that electric resist). Great loot all around.

The lore was interesting. At first I was bummed that I unwittingly signed up for another mass genocide of muties, but then learning about Biocore made it feel somewhat justifiable. The buildup to the semi-boss and hints of the new armor was cool too. I will say I'm a little underwhelmed with the armor. Its a cool idea but not sure how useful it really is given the stats. I feel like it should be a new armor type that goes "over" your existing armor piece... also should prevent caltrop damage.

Another thing - the original reason for going to the waterways is a quest you get from the Rig. I felt like, for as big as the dungeon is, it took too long to find Kaya and the survivors. In the same cave where Kaya is there is another guy, I think it would be better if this guy was spaced out earlier on in the dungeon. It would be a cool payoff earlier on that -hey, I'm on the right track, here is one of the survivors, keep going to find out what happened. Or if not him, a new npc survivor from the group, or even just a dead guy with a note on his body about the mission. Would be helpful and add depth to the mission I think.

Other than that, very interested to see what happens with Kaya. For me at least, it seems her story isn't over. idk.

Yogimanz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2020, 11:24:15 am »
Waterways was hardcore. Appropriately difficult as a late game dungeon imo, and a good time. Loved the difficulty and progression. I think the difficulty made me search for different ways/paths of tackling the encounters, since my first head-on attempts were usually not successful. I appreciated the Galvanic vests placed everywhere... gives players options to whip something up in a pinch without needing to head back to base (hint - you'll need that electric resist). Great loot all around.

The lore was interesting. At first I was bummed that I unwittingly signed up for another mass genocide of muties, but then learning about Biocore made it feel somewhat justifiable. The buildup to the semi-boss and hints of the new armor was cool too. I will say I'm a little underwhelmed with the armor. Its a cool idea but not sure how useful it really is given the stats. I feel like it should be a new armor type that goes "over" your existing armor piece... also should prevent caltrop damage.

Another thing - the original reason for going to the waterways is a quest you get from the Rig. I felt like, for as big as the dungeon is, it took too long to find Kaya and the survivors. In the same cave where Kaya is there is another guy, I think it would be better if this guy was spaced out earlier on in the dungeon. It would be a cool payoff earlier on that -hey, I'm on the right track, here is one of the survivors, keep going to find out what happened. Or if not him, a new npc survivor from the group, or even just a dead guy with a note on his body about the mission. Would be helpful and add depth to the mission I think.

Other than that, very interested to see what happens with Kaya. For me at least, it seems her story isn't over. idk.

Thanks for the feedback. Regarding the new armour, we've had an internal discussion about adding some new things to it that could make it viable for more builds. For now, we'll just wait and see. One of the main goals we've had with this dungeon is to try and make the players use their jetskis as much as possible, while minimising the time needed to explore the dungeon on foot. This is why we didn't add additional land areas to explore (farther separate the quest npcs), as it could take away from the original idea for this place that we've had.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2020, 10:29:39 pm »
Er ... I mention this in the other thread but I like to repeat it here just in case:

The persuasion check for Kaya seems to be random? I'm wondering if this is a bug where you used the Base persuasion value instead of effective?

Yogimanz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2020, 07:39:11 am »
Er ... I mention this in the other thread but I like to repeat it here just in case:

The persuasion check for Kaya seems to be random? I'm wondering if this is a bug where you used the Base persuasion value instead of effective?

That was indeed the case, base stat was used. It's fixed for the next update (several other checks had the same issue).