Author Topic: Guides Section?  (Read 2537 times)

Elite

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Guides Section?
« on: July 08, 2020, 06:02:45 pm »
How about a dedicated Guides section to the forum? There are many knowledgeable people here that would perhaps like to write one. As it is, things of this nature would probably be posted in General as the catch-all.

That's all there is to my suggestion, just have a central place here on the forums where text guides can be placed.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Guides Section?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 09:44:44 am »
Doesn't the Build forum already serves that function to an extent as the main thing people need guidance for are the builds?

I don't have an issue with making a forum for general guides, but are there people interested in writing them?

Elite

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 01:26:35 am »
Doesn't the Build forum already serve that function to an extent as the main thing people need guidance for are the builds?

I don't have an issue with making a forum for general guides, but are there people interested in writing them?

I think there are at least some. I mean, there already exist a good many general guides on steam and elsewhere.

This is one of those things that would have been best to have since early on, as the guides you now have scattered all over the place would have been here, probably.

Here is what I would imagine a General Guides section would be like if it were created;
It would be a "highly viewed" section with few topics, and fewer posts. The posts that do occur are sporadic at best.

I guess its up to you whether or not you value a board that slowly accumulates and becomes are resource over time vs just pointing people to the wiki / builds section.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 10:57:15 pm »
I don't think it'll work because:

I have a guide on Steam - that's because they have user friendly tools designed for guide. Same thing can not be said about this forum - it still eat entire post if you use special character.

Meta is constantly changing - I find it's one thing to post a build in the build section but another thing entirely to constantly maintain a guide.

I think the best solution is for epeli or some one related to the dev team to list notable guides/external resources on the wiki. This is because they know the game and can screen for quality content. I don't want to have conflict of interest stuff (link on wiki point to ad-based blog and such) happening here or on the wiki.

Elite

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 02:27:21 pm »
I don't think it'll work because:

I have a guide on Steam - that's because they have user friendly tools designed for guide. Same thing can not be said about this forum - it still eat entire post if you use special character.

Meta is constantly changing - I find it's one thing to post a build in the build section but another thing entirely to constantly maintain a guide.

I think the best solution is for epeli or some one related to the dev team to list notable guides/external resources on the wiki. This is because they know the game and can screen for quality content. I don't want to have conflict of interest stuff (link on wiki point to ad-based blog and such) happening here or on the wiki.

That's really the point of it, just to aggregate all the useful stuff that's already out there in one location rather than have it spread out. It could just be a simple list with links to guides elsewhere.