Author Topic: The secrets found from high Perception are pointless, no? (SPOILERS)  (Read 1804 times)

igetnorespect

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
I'm playing a very high-perception character, and found all secrets in my game so far.

I don't think I would have missed any secrets. There are so few of them, and they seem to fall under one of the following categories:

a) Random loot. But by the mid-game I was already loaded to the point where I wasn't bothering to pick up expensive loot from enemy corpses.
b) Fixed loot. But nothing unique, except for the Black Arrow sniper rifle.
c) Unlock some shortcuts. But I never want to miss a fight, I want to murder everything in my way.
d) Deacon's shop in RC. But his quality is way worse than anything you find in Core City, so what's the point.

I'll be playing with 3 PER on my next char, I don't think I'll even bother with switching to PER gear/food for secrets. Just for the ratking's trap maze.

This makes the Snooping feat (+3 PER for secrets only) the most worthless feat in the game.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: The secrets found from high Perception are pointless, no? (SPOILERS)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 02:11:05 am »
While I agree Snooping isn't really a good feat I don't think it's the most worthless feat in the game when we have:

Perfect Scattering <- the most worthless feat in the game
Ninja Looter <- you don't need it for more loot, just pump pickpocketing skill
Burglar <- just pump stealth skill/gear instead of wasting a feat slot
Tempered: Heat <- CON 12 requirement is just too high
Tempered: Acid <- see above
Tempered: Cold <- see above
Tempered: Electricity <- see above

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 07:25:06 am »
While I agree Snooping isn't really a good feat I don't think it's the most worthless feat in the game when we have:

Tempered Electricity kinda good since it reduced NO, which usually the bane of tanky build.

Also for OP, perception secrets are usually kinda okay for oddities playthrough, it adds exp early on, making the game a bit easier before Depot A. And you could just skip stuff if you're on Oddities run.

Sykar

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 05:25:35 pm »

Tempered Electricity kinda good since it reduced NO, which usually the bane of tanky build.

Also for OP, perception secrets are usually kinda okay for oddities playthrough, it adds exp early on, making the game a bit easier before Depot A. And you could just skip stuff if you're on Oddities run.

With a 12 con requirement the only sensible thing to do for Styg is rolling them all together into one feat ala "Resist Elements". We only have 3 slots for this and 12 con is a steep investment, most builds at most need 9. There needs to be a VERY good reason to drop 2 points or more from your main stat for this and in its current iteration outside of something very niche they are not worth it and probably the weakest veteran feats.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 06:38:07 pm by Sykar »

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 02:17:22 pm »
It's similar complain regarding evasion and dodge. Would be nice if he combines it because it's such a heavy investment for somewhat low return.