Author Topic: Is there a guide to good weapon combos?  (Read 2452 times)

KnightShade

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Is there a guide to good weapon combos?
« on: March 08, 2021, 01:57:37 am »
Is there a comprehensive guide to good weapon combos?
Like, is crossbow and a melee weapon a good build?
Or pistols and something else?
How about assault rifles?
You see where I'm going with this...

Ideally, I'd like to build a fully skilled crafting/tech character with hacking/lockpicking/traps ability and persuasion and merchant(maybe), so am just looking for a decent combat build that allows the most points/perks in those non-combat skills.
I expect with a tech build, I would probably use a lot of traps and grenades and such to level the playing field. And for this run, no PSI at all.

Also, I think I once saw a guide on meeting the various skill point requirements throughout the game for skills such as hacking/lockpicking/traps, the tech skills, and the persuasion skills.
Also ability point requirements for special events. Like I would need X strength/agility/perception to access somewhere or something like that?
Does anyone know of one up to date (or close to it) for the current version?

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a guide to good weapon combos?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 02:17:15 am »
Google "Destroyor steam in-depth faq"

For the skill/attribute check, Google each individual skills/attribute wiki page.

As for weapon combo, you just use your logic I guess?
Light weapon requires high Dex, so it's best to go with 18 dex, Versatility (+10 spec if possible), and max melee, pair it with serrated knife / energy edge combat knife.

Sniper, AR, and SMG has feat that gives free shot (shooting spree and Commando), so it's better to have 2 weapon, one with very cheap AP cost per attack/burst, and very expensive  AP and very powerful ones.

Energy Pistol and Chemical Pistol works best with their own type due to flexibility of weapon elements and feats.

Crossbow generally works best with themself, but may requires quick pocket and utility belt because of so many different special bolts, but it also works as Versatility weapon.

Most heavy melee (sledgehammer, sword, spear) are almost interchangeable, you can use sledge temporarily on Sword build to cheese robot combat for example. But you still need to put focused feats according to your weapon of choice.

Nowadays, I'm very attached to 8 INT build, the extra skill points off the crafting are very welcoming. 100 effective stealth is mostly enough to do anything stealth related, as long as you're not lazy hunting at least 2 Q150 black cloth for Tabi and Cave Hopper armor. You could find 20 stealth balaclava very easily. Q160 only gives 25 stealth for comparison. Cloaking Device also helps in rare case of passing enemy on melee range.