Author Topic: question on gun fu  (Read 4484 times)

A_Clever_Monocle

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
question on gun fu
« on: March 03, 2021, 08:47:23 am »
What does unmodified mean, is it referring to your base melee skill, or your melee skill after dexterity scaling

if it is the former I doubt it is worth a feat given the harsh conditions to activate, if it is the later however It might be one of the strongest feats in the game, either way, it is a must-have for versatility builds that use the dex/melee for their damage

the real question is whether or not it is worth the specialization points

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: question on gun fu
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 11:49:42 am »
It looks self explanatory:

"Added Gun-Fu feat - When attacking with firearm pistols in melee range, your effective attack skill is increased by 40% (up to 60% through specialization) of your unmodified melee skill for all purposes, including the damage done"

Unmodified melee skill: so if you have put 100 points into melee, then your skill with pistols increase by 40 extra points. Your dexterity etc does not matter.

KnightShade

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 05:00:08 pm »
I think it's just the raw applied points, otherwise you could be getting recursive bonuses from versatility and maybe other sources.

A_Clever_Monocle

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 12:28:51 am »
If that's the case with all of its limitations it would only be worthwhile if it was 80% or greater of your base skill in melee range, that or if unarmed/, melee attacks became usable with pistols (while still expending ammunition for said attacks) then it MIGHT be worth the feat

if I could use expose weakness, crippling blow etc with gun fu it would be an amazing feat

Djpuffnstuff

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 03:42:51 am »
If that's the case with all of its limitations it would only be worthwhile if it was 80% or greater of your base skill in melee range, that or if unarmed/, melee attacks became usable with pistols (while still expending ammunition for said attacks) then it MIGHT be worth the feat

if I could use expose weakness, crippling blow etc with gun fu it would be an amazing feat
It doesn't cost anything to switch between weapons. Just keep one slot unarmed and it should be fine.

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 05:29:34 am »
Well the feat does allow for a really high guns skill without versatility.
Just increase perception and guns all the way up, and melee too. Then you get a gun-fu skill up in the stratosphere.
Is it worth it? Doubtful

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 02:47:25 pm »
Well the feat does allow for a really high guns skill without versatility.
Just increase perception and guns all the way up, and melee too. Then you get a gun-fu skill up in the stratosphere.
Is it worth it? Doubtful
That would be one hell of a math problem, calculating good enough AP cost for pistol after bullet time, while somehow increasing per until at least 12 for Scrutinous, or whatever the Versatility Max-dex-to-per break even point. and also having enough skill points to not make the build felt like shit

Djpuffnstuff

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 09:26:30 pm »
That would be one hell of a math problem, calculating good enough AP cost for pistol after bullet time, while somehow increasing per until at least 12 for Scrutinous, or whatever the Versatility Max-dex-to-per break even point. and also having enough skill points to not make the build felt like shit
  Almost like firearm pistols need a slight ap cost reduction on some of the lower end pistols like the 5mm so they can a little more viable lol.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2021, 01:01:39 am »
Is it worth 4 spec points to increase your attack skill by 32 points?  Dunno but I'm doing it.  Effective 500 here I come
*eurobeat intensifies*

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2021, 02:17:59 am »
So, is it good?

Yolfashj

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2021, 02:30:10 am »
Guys, does Versatility stack with Gun-Fu?

Assume 160 invested melee, 350 effective under max dex, am i going to get:

350*0.6(Versatility) + 160 *0.4(Gun-Fu) = 274 effective gun skill when attack in melee range?

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2021, 04:06:31 pm »

350*0.6(Versatility) + 160 *0.4(Gun-Fu) = 274 effective gun skill when attack in melee range?

As I understand it, yes.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Yolfashj

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2021, 02:35:42 am »

As I understand it, yes.

Thanks~!! Now i can build a 3 per blind gunslinger