Author Topic: Random LORE thoughts (Spoler Warning)  (Read 1679 times)

Mocade

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Random LORE thoughts (Spoler Warning)
« on: January 26, 2021, 10:44:46 pm »
>Some people looks "very familiar" to the player, especially the ones from north underrail. It really gave me a "truman show" vibe.
>is SGS destined to pull all sorts of outcasts and criminals? We have Gorsky, Ezra, Tanner, and of course PC joining them for some reason.
> It's possible that Vivian could be still alive, She and Ola is acting really strange, not because of most famous plot, but like, they could have some sort of their own agenda, beside of JKK.
>Those metal Canisters near Six in first two encounters and that one in Tanner's Room. Does it have anything to do with that "Infusion" thing? You know, the ability that Faceless use//that name of potential sequel of the game.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 11:31:30 pm by Mocade »

ShoggothWhisperer

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Random LORE thoughts (Spoler Warning)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 11:20:10 pm »
I'm guessing that the player may originally be from northern Underrail, since the seem unfamiliar with many of the locations and creatures inhabiting the south. SGS is just the largest independent station, which is why many important characters reside there. The station is free from the influence of biocorp, the procterate, and the oligarchs, so it makes sense that people wanting to keep a low profile would head there. There isn't any evidence to suggest that Vivian is still alive, and Ola seems genuinely sad about her death, based on his reaction when the player says they don't care about her,  but I suppose he could be faking it. I think the canisters are just meant to be godmen technology or something of the sort, since they don't seem to do anything specific.

Another lore thought is that Hank Wardell, the previous inhabitant of your house in core city, is going to be the protagonist of infusion, since infusion is supposedly a prequel. The Housing corp guy said he likes to go spelunking, perform experiments, leave his house empty for weeks at a time, and randomly leave people in the middle of conversations, things that the player character is prone to doing.

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 07:34:25 am »
1. It's mostly have nothing to do with lore, it's just a way to save money and reuse face icons instead of paying more illustrator for completely unique icon (and I think there's way to adds custom icon, but it's completely off-topic)

Tanner is not exactly a normal human, it's pretty big and fancy lore / plot around the end of Expedition. There's explanation about his background somewhere in the wiki.

3. JKK is a bit too secretive to know exactly what's the truth. But I'm fairly sure they would definitely knew if she's double agent. We just never had enough trust-building to knew the real truth.

4. Not sure about that, been awhile since I visited DC tbh, never really go down there anymore because its pretty shitty experience for me. And I prefer rerolling new build anyway

Mocade

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 10:53:31 am »
Another lore thought is that Hank Wardell, the previous inhabitant of your house in core city, is going to be the protagonist of infusion, since infusion is supposedly a prequel. The Housing corp guy said he likes to go spelunking, perform experiments, leave his house empty for weeks at a time, and randomly leave people in the middle of conversations, things that the player character is prone to doing.

Damn, this one is good.